Identify and close profitable sales opportunities. Initiate, build and maintain strategic relationships within VTX1's target market of commercial customers. Ensure market profitability through key initiatives and local partnerships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Prospecting through cold calling, networking and social media activities.
- Demonstrate a high contribution to both individual and team goals.
- Meet and exceed assigned sales quota by acquiring new customer business and renewing and growing existing VTX1 customers.
- Grow and maintain a healthy sales funnel in relation to quota.
- Run Discovery appointments to identify decision makers and uncover business needs.
- Continually learn and develop sales skills, techniques and product knowledge to increase success.
- Must have strong work ethic as this position will require a lot of sales activity in the field and on the phone.
- Support VTX1's mission and vision, demonstrating our values consistently.
- Represent VTX1 with public, community groups and professional organizations.
- Keep Sales Manager advised of trends affecting VTX1's competitive status.
- Deliver the highest standard of customer service.
- Must be able to build and maintain relationships in order to receive referrals and references letters.
- Work with customers to understand budgets and timelines for new or upgraded solutions.
- Must be able to uncover present contractual obligations of new prospects.
- Must work with Sales Engineer to develop Scope of Work and perform Site Surveys as needed.
- Perform other duties in support of the sales functions.
- Must be able to travel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (BBA/MBA preferred) or equivalent experience plus 2 or more years of sales experience. Sales background in the following is a plus:
- Fixed wireless and other telecommunications products such as DIA, FIA, PRI, SIP, T1, TDM, TLS, and MPLS
- Telephone System Sales
- Network system design Sales
Must have a valid Driver's License and insurable driving record.
Must pass pre-employment drug screen, physical and background checks.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work at multiple locations within the South Texas region.
- Strong personal and professional networking abilities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Solid understanding of complete sales cycle management, from prospecting to closing.
- Ability to work as part of a team while demonstrating flexibility, reliability and initiative.
- Knowledge of telecommunications technology, products and services.
- Skill in operating various types of office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs and telephone systems.
- Skill in identifying and resolving VTX1 Companies customer issues.
- Ability to communicate with customers, employees and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Professional appearance.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Must maintain up-to-date CRM, develop quotes and adhere to all reporting guidelines.
Posting ID: 599497506Posted: 2021-01-15