POSITION TITLE: Construction Technician
REPORTS TO: Construction Supervisor/Construction Foreman
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To assist in the complete setup of all new supermarkets, convenience stores, and existing store remodels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) Assist in the installation of the store shelving.
2) To install various types of equipment ranging from food handling to checkout stands.
3) To paint items in or around the store (i.e. walls, equipment, etc.)
4) Light carpentry work throughout the store.
5) To install floor tiles where needed, floor patch any troubled areas, and some light concrete work.
6) Load and unload trucks as needed.
7) To assist in any electrical or plumbing issues in the store.
8) Material handling and inventory control.
9) Ground maintenance (i.e. Mowing grass, mulching, exterior signage, etc.)
10) To represent Redner's Markets in a professional manner and to set a good example for all associates to follow at all times.
11) Abide and enforce all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) General housekeeping of work area.
2) To safely operate many different types of power tools.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1) Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
2) Must have a valid Driver's License.
3) Must possess excellent organizational skills to ensure work efficiency.
4) Must be able to perform the required duties with a SAFE, and FRIENDLY ATTITUDE in a public retail environment.
5) Must be willing to travel with a reasonable distance of their residence. Reasonable is defined as 1 to 1.5 hours from home.
6) Must posses excellent communication skills for dealing with employees and other contractors.
7) Ability to lift up to seventy (70) pounds at least forty percent (40%) of the time.
Posting ID: 525027244Posted: 2020-10-06