Founded in 1951, Merchandise Warehouse
is recognized as a premier logistics provider of multi-temperature warehouse services in the Midwest. We exist to provide warehousing services for our customers, a family environment for our employees, and outreach support for our community.
Merchandise Warehouse is looking for an experienced Supervisor
to raise the bar in warehousing excellence.
Reports to the Operations Manager. Reporting to this position are the Team Leaders and Warehouse Associates.
Responsible for the efficient day-to-day operation of the warehouse with particular emphasis on managing warehouse associates and implementing warehouse action plans.
Provide direct daily supervision of warehouse associates to ensure the safe, clean and efficient operation of the warehouse. Develop and implement shipping and receiving work schedules and assignments to ensure efficient operation. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising, coaching and disciplining employees.
Operations: Direct and supervise all inbound and outbound shipments to ensure they are correct and carried out in a timely fashion. Tour the warehouse regularly to answer questions, evaluate operations and solve problems. Make recommendations to the Operations Manager on programs to improve warehouse operations.
Culture: Drive Merchandise Warehouse culture and core values to entire organization. Help to ensure our Mission Statement is supported and our employees are engaged in the company.
Equipment: Allocate equipment so that it is utilized in the most efficient manner. Coordinate with the Facilities Manager to ensure that a sound maintenance program is implemented.
Quality: Supervise checking of outgoing and incoming freight for proper counts and codes.
Safety, Sanitation, Security: Review warehouse operations daily to ensure the warehouse is neat and well organized and that damage to product, equipment, and the facility is prevented. Ensure that all safety procedures and policies are followed. Operate in compliance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
Inventory Management: Maintain stock locator system. Ensure proper stock rotation. Assist in conducting physical inventories and cycle counts as required.
Education: High School Diploma Required; College Degree preferred
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years warehouse experience with (2) years supervisory experience required in a cold storage facility.
- A comprehensive knowledge of warehouse operations is necessary.
- A working knowledge of warehouse management systems is a must.
- A broad range of management skills is required with particular emphasis on leadership, supervision, motivation, communication, and planning.
- Must be able to give and receive innovative, creative and helpful feedback for team growth and productivity.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively within the organization, with business units throughout the company.
- Knowledge of warehouse management software systems, computer programs (Footprint, MS Office), inventory management.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers.
- Must value diversity and exhibit a leadership style that empowers, coaches, mentors, and fosters a cohesive team environment.
- Must also be successful in managing effective deployment of resources, systems and personnel to enable achievement of organizational objectives.
- Must have the ability to lead people and with proven processes to get results.
- Must be able to coordinate multiple priorities in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Must possess strong customer relations focus and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively delegate and demonstrate ability to deal with conflict.
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods
- Must have responsible work habits and pass any pre-employment tests, drug test and criminal background check.
- Must be willing to work nights, holidays, weekends, and be on-call.
- Must be able to work in a -10-degree environment.
Team Members are eligible for Medical, Dental, and Vison benefits the 1st of the month following 60 days from hire date. We also include company paid benefits: Life/AD&D/STD/LTD, and 2 weeks of earned vacation time within your first year, and many, many more.
Merchandise Warehouse Culture
To provide a family environment where Team Members can find acceptance, opportunity, and purpose.
Merchandise Warehouse will be recognized as the premiere logistics provider of multi-temperature warehouse services in the Midwest.
Merchandise Warehouse Core Values:
Merchandise Warehouse Operating Principles:
- People support what they help create.
- If you don t measure, you can t manage.
- Success requires consistent follow through and accountability.
Posting ID: 607502538Posted: 2021-02-26