Ace Hardware corporation is a retailer-owned cooperative of more than 5,000 independent Ace stores in all 50 states, and 70 countries, with 14 distribution centers throughout North America. Ace's distribution network is one of the cornerstones of the corporation's success. By utilizing advanced technology and an integrated team approach at our distributions centers nationwide, we're able to consistently deliver one of the highest service levels in the industry to our retailers. This commitment to excellence carries through to each employee at our distribution centers.
Ace is a place for you to have a long term career you can be truly proud of with competitive pay, promotional opportunities, and comprehensive benefits for you and your family. Ace Hardware Distribution Centers are where team players collaborate to support amazing retailers be the most helpful hardware stores on the planet.
We have an opportunity for a Warehouse Supervisor at our distribution center in Fredericksburg, PA. As a Warehouse Supervisor, you will be a strategic partner as well as hands on to provide operational support to our team in Fredericksburg. The Warehouse Supervisor role is essential in executing Ace's operational initiatives while fostering a collaborative team environment in a service-oriented culture. You will be part of a winning team that enjoys:
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Comprehensive health coverage and life benefits along with prescription drug, dental, vision and flexible spending accounts;
- Generous 401(k) Savings and Retirement Plan which includes a company match, and other company contributions;
- Eighteen (18) vacation days in 2019;
- Tuition reimbursement program;
- Generous merchandise discount program; and
- Business casual dress every day!
- Lead, support and encourage Ace Values: Winning, Excellence, Love, Integrity, Gratitude, Humility and Teamwork.
- Ensure a safe work environment for all team members.
- Be a part of a positive work environment which enhances high level performance.
- Plan work assignments and manage staffing resources to meet operational needs.
- Ensure that employees have the tools and resources necessary to focus on safety, cleanliness, and quality while maintaining a high level of production.
- Resolve employee problems and collaborate with employees, peers, and other stakeholders to facilitate problem resolution.
- Research and resolve inventory issues.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve processes, performance, methods or customer service.
- Monitor processes to ensure the highest quality and most efficient deliveries to Ace retailers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job qualifications include:
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership, and coordination of people and resources.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional shifts and hours.
Come along with us to serve a purpose and take pride in enabling independent stores owners to compete and grow as they execute our ultimate goal of being Helpful
within their communities. We want to hear from you!
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.