Plant Operations | Maintenance Nature and scope: Assists with all aspects of maintenance of the physical plant and external grounds and at times housekeeping
Minimum eligibility requirements
- Experience in maintenance and repair of machinery, equipment and building.
- Knowledge of fire and safety regulations.
- Ability to work with outside vendors and monitor their work.
- Experience in grounds maintenance.
- Experience in safe electrical and plumbing repair.
- Ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with others whether involved with residents, their families or the public at large.
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to represent the community in a positive and professional manner.
- Ability to establish effective relationships with residents, family members and staff.
- High level of ability in effective and succinct communication, written and oral with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Must be capable of maintaining fulltime attendance
- Must meet all health requirements, including TB screening
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must have reliable transportation
- Willing and able to adapt to changing demands of the maintenance department and fulfill any job that is required.
- Is helpful and polite to residents, understanding their needs and respecting their privacy and personal property.
- Keeps the maintenance storage areas clean, neat and organized at all times.
- Is available and on call for emergencies day and night.
- Responsible for preventive maintenance of interior and exterior of buildings and equipment.
- Make repairs in occupied apartments.
- Make repairs, repaint and shampoo carpets in turnover units.
- Assist residents with requests for assistance with temperature adjustment, hanging pictures and other requests within their apartments.
- Responsible for the oversight of grounds maintenance.
- Responsible to notify plant operations director of all aspects of maintenance.
- Responsible to assist and/or conduct all fire and safety drills
- Responsible to conduct orientation program for new employees.
- Participate in daily standup meetings.
- Weekly meeting with plant operations director
- Responsible for ensuring that all are greeted with excellent customer service
- Ensures compliance and understanding of all regulations regarding residents' rights
- Attends training sessions as directed by supervisor.
- Follow and communicate company policies and procedures
- The job description provides a framework for the job, other duties may be assigned as necessary
Working conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- Has a do-what-it-takes frame of mind and operates with an ownership attitude.
- Move often during working hours.
- Is subject to frequent interruptions.
- Is involved with resident, personnel, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Is subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, staff and visitors.
- Communicate with all department supervisors and staff.
- Is subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., through the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
- Medium work: ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Experience extreme change in temperature at times and may be exposed to higher than normal temperatures while working.
Posting ID: 579449934Posted: 2020-10-14