Dewberry has an immediate opening for a Project Manager
experienced in water and wastewater engineering, planning , modeling, and construction for our growing Mid-Atlantic Water practice in our Fairfax, Richmond, or Virginia Beach, VA office.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic and talented individual to become part of an exciting team of professionals working in a great environment and applying the latest technology. Typical projects involve helping local, state, and regional municipal clients solve complex water and wastewater infrastructure and treatment challenges.
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you're an experienced professional or a new graduate, you'll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call "Dewberry at Work," that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
The successful candidate will collaborate and work within multi-disciplined teams for the engineering and design of water and wastewater pump stations, pipelines, storage tanks, and treatment facilities.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related field.
- 5-1 0 years of experience in water / wastewater engineering, planning, modeling, and process mechanical design.
- Specific experience preparing reports and design plans and specifications for municipal water and wastewater system projects in Virginia, including pump stations, tanks , and treatment facilities.
- VA PE License strongly preferred or ability to obtain VA PE license within 1 year.
- Experience with hydraulic modeling including experience with WaterCAD and SewerCAD strongly preferred.
- Experience coordinating engineering work and interfacing with other engineering and support disciplines .
- Experience interfacing with clients.
- Proven strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel, as some travel may be required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*All recipients of an offer of employment from Dewberry, will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry's background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law. #LI-KR1