About the Opportunity:
Simpson is seeking to place multiple experienced commercial roofing salespeople & estimators immediately with our locations conveniently located in Manassas, VA and Hanover, MD in the Baltimore DC Metro Areas.
Qualified candidates will have two or more years of demonstrated experience in commercial low-slope roof estimating as a salesman/estimator and/or project manager with experience in single-ply roofing systems representing a self-performed roofing contractor.
Highly qualified candidates will have seven or more years of demonstrated experience with estimating and/or managing "self-performed" labor for a wide range of commercial roofing systems including mechanically and fully-adhered systems, ballasted, hot, cold, and torch-applied, hot & cold fluid-applied, built-up, and waterproofing coatings.
Compensation for this position ranges and is dependent on the experience (level and type), demonstrable sales history, and technical ability.
The culture at Simpson is friendly and productive with a focus towards growth, and the Company makes every effort to utilize technology for efficiencies in field to back-office operations and control. The office environment is collaborative where team members are available to help problem-solve and provide support.
Roofing Estimators report to the President of the company and coordinate as a team to strategically target sales opportunities in the market. Estimators are also responsible for networking with industry trade groups, owners’ consultants, and calling on target customer lists to develop new relationships and discover new opportunities. Estimators work closely with project managers and contract administrators during handoff and pre-construction planning.
Simpson's Manassas location is conveniently located just south of I66 Westbound at exit 44 near George Mason University in Manassas; Simpson's Maryland location is conveniently located between Baltimore and DC accessible from 95 near the Baltimore/ Washington International Thurgood Airport at 7476 Candlewood Road, Hanover MD 21076.
Simpson Estimators are equipped with a company vehicle, gas card, smartphone, and other necessary tools; Simpson has great benefits including competitive salaries (DoE), employer-sponsored health insurance, retirement 401(k) plan, paid vacation, holidays. Simpson is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required qualifications applicants must be able to:
- Understand invitations to bid / requests for proposals
- Understand construction plans (blueprints) and project manuals (specifications)
- Travel to job sites to perform building walks with customers and specifiers
- Perform building surveys and core sampling as required
- Complete quantitative takeoffs and preparing final estimates for review
- Write high-quality professional proposals for bid submissions
- Collaborate with a highly-effective team of PMs and service department staff.
- Deliver accurate estimating figures to accounting and the project management team.
- Work safely by following proper OSHA and other safety policies, rules, and regulation
- Be comfortable working at height, using ladders, following safety procedures
Preferred qualifications or experience include:
Commercial roofing knowledge and experience in single-ply, asphalt, cold-applied, hot-applied, and metal products; Experience with the Estimating Edge takeoff and estimating software.
This position includes the following responsibilities:
- Develop and grow a sales portfolio of $4-$10MM in annual sales volume
- Prepare accurate estimates using company estimating software
- Write high-quality, customer-oriented, detailed bid proposals
- Provide historically accurate budget information to project management team
- Develop relationships with new customers in target markets
- Maintain reoccurring business relationships with clients
- Select bidding opportunities based on scheduling needs from project management
- Outside sales and prospecting efforts; tracking leads and bids in CRM software
Necessary soft skills:
- Possess high-level written and verbal communication skill
- Possess high competency with computers and software
- Have a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Can organize information and schedule time efficiently.
SALARY BENEFITS PROVIDED AND OFFERED
- Base Salary $80,000/yr. - $130,000/yr. depending on experience
- Raises based on contract sales volume per year
- Bonuses based on excess profit generated over company minimums
- Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance
- Employer-Offered Dental Insurance
- Employer-Sponsored 401(k) Plan with Employer Match
- Company Work Truck for Commute and Daily Business Use or Equivalent
- Company Cell Phone
- Company Credit Card for Expenses
- Paid Vacation and Sick Leave
Join our team and apply today!
Founded by Greg Simpson in 1992, Simpson has become a recognized and award-winning construction company. Over the past 25 years, Simpson companies have established leadership in the commercial roofing, masonry, and sheet metal installation industry. With two locations in Maryland and Virginia, Simpson employs over 200 workers located across the DC metro area, providing sales, estimating, and construction services to a variety of commercial industrial building clients including local school boards, state and federal government buildings, commercial high-rise & retail building owners, corporate data centers, and just about any building in the commercial real estate industry. Simpson possess the knowledge, skill, and experience to handle large and complex roofing systems installed at production-level capacity, with self-manufactured custom sheet metal systems, and concrete/ masonry restoration and waterproofing services as a one-stop shop self-performing contractor.