Global Engineering & Technology (GET) is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with nuclear weapon science expertise to support the Department of Energy's Office of Classification in Germantown, Maryland.
Work will be performed primarily at the DOE facility in Germantown, Maryland. This long-term position provides relocation support to the Germantown area.
This senior professional prepares classification guidance and classification/declassification policy documents in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, DOE orders, and DOE Office of Classification procedures for Restricted Data (RD), Formerly Restricted Data (FRD), National Security Information (NSI), and Unclassified Controlled Nuclear Information (UCNI), including but not limited to the technical areas described below.
- This leadership and policy guidance position requires the ability to lead working groups and develop white papers and presentations
- This position will require expert-level knowledge to advise senior DOE management on current technical issues related to subject areas such as nuclear weapon design research or developments relating to improvised nuclear devices
- This position requires excellent writing and verbal communication skills
Candidate MUST be a United States citizen and have a current DoD Top Secret security clearance or DOE Q security clearance
Education and Experience:
- Applicant MUST have earned an advanced degree in nuclear engineering or a physical science
- Applicant MUST have hands-on nuclear weapon science experience
Minimum of five (5) years' total field experience in the subject area of nuclear weapons is required. Hands-on experience with nuclear weapons related matters such as any of the following is highly valued:
- Expertise in Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF)
- Computer Codes and Simulation Tools
- Nuclear Weapon Design
- Weapon Science
- Use Control and other surety aspects of nuclear weapons
- Knowledge of Improvised Nuclear Devices (INDs)
- Advanced understanding of Radiation Exposure Devices and Radiological Dispersal Devices, including their basic science and technological principles
- Expert knowledge of programs such as Second Line of Defense to interdict nuclear materials
- Hands-on knowledge of computer code development to support the nuclear weapon complex is desirable, as is experience with XML computer language
- Experience working with DOE/NNSA/DoD/DHS/NRC and the national nuclear weapon laboratories
- Experience teaching and developing testing and educational materials for subjects such as IND or ICF is highly desirable
We provide exceptional benefits to our full-time employees (spouse/family coverage option is available at a company-subsidized rate).
- Medical plan options under United Health Care
- Long-/Short term Disability under MetLife
- 401(k) match with Principal Financial
All benefits are effective on day one of employment.
Posting ID: 568442639Posted: 2021-01-23