Admin Director of Women Services AdventHealth Sebring
Location Address: 4200 Sun 'n Lake Boulevard Sebring, FL 33872
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Sebring
· Faith Based & Mission driven Facility
· Largest Employer in the County
· Surrounded by beautiful Lakes, Golf Courses and Florida's oldest State Park
· Close knit community with a home town family feel
· 2 hours to just about any beach on either Coast
You Will Be Responsible For:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
All essential functions must be performed. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Participates in the analysis of care delivery systems and the development/implementation of changes to enhance delivery of patient care
· Evaluates staff performance based on professional practice standards, relevant statutes, rules and regulations, and organizational criteria.
· Serves as a resource person to staff in the delivery of care.
· Manages patient care via standards and the nursing process.
· Evaluates, completes and maintains staff evaluations in a timely manner.
· Directs and intervenes with staff to maintain optimum care of patients.
· Develops and evaluates staff's clinical competencies.
· Works closely with the Women's/OB Services Medical Director to ensure clinical quality and outcomes.
2. Responsible for all aspects of Women's/OB departments including service line/program goals, including, but not limited to monitoring and ensuring service line quality (e.g. clinical outcomes, processes, satisfaction.
3. Provides effective fiscal management of the department.
· Assesses and plans annual budget for areas of direct responsibility.
· Develops and implements detailed business plans to enhance the operation of areas of responsibility.
· Recommends staffing requirements based on volume, severity of illness and standards for delivery of care.
· Manages productivity within budgeted parameters.
4. Monitors patient through put and addresses issues based national standards for best practice.
· Identifies, develops, and implements performance improvement activities to enhance the delivery of patient care.
· Participates in chart reviews and plans for staff development activities based on identified needs.
· Participates in leading/directing hospital/patient care projects teams.
· Supports research and its integration into nursing and the delivery of healthcare services.
· Responsible for the standardization of documentation in the electronic medical record across the division.
5. Maintains a professional demeanor and serves as a role model for staff.
· Maintains clinical competencies
· Pursues educational and research opportunities for professional growth.
· Participates in community outreach programs.
· Evaluates and recommends changes in space needs.
· Acts as a liaison to the physicians, staff and administration.
6. Other duties as assigned.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Patient care equipment and supplies, computers, electronic medical record, computer programs including AS400 and Record Assistant, telephones, printer, fax, projector, nurse/patient intercom system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Five (5) + years of leadership experience managing a clinical specialty or product line in an acute care setting.
· Possess strong interpersonal skills and flexibility in working with administrators, physicians and multidisciplinary teams.
· Broad Knowledge base of healthcare trends, technology & profession
· Communication skills enhance & motivate staff
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· A minimum of three (3) years of recent clinical Women's/OB Experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Florida Registered Nurse license
· Basic Life Support
· Neonatal Resuscitation Program within 90 days of employment
· Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 90 days of employment
· AWHONN fetal monitoring within 90 days of employment
· Restraint Management Training, Face to Face within 90 days of employment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· Certification in specialty area
· Maintains professional organization membership related to service line. (AWHONN)
The Administrative Director is responsible to the Chief Nursing Officer in the planning, organizing, developing and directing of Sebring's Women's/OB departmental operations in accordance with regulatory agencies and in accordance with the Hospitals' Mission, Physician and Patient expectations. The Director of Women's Services maintains a 24-hour accountability for the direction, supervision, coordination and evaluation of activities of the professional practice of nursing staff for the Labor and Delivery, Maternity, Newborn and Gynecological patient service lines.