The Product Development Associate (HL) supports all elements of the Product Development Process. They are responsible for an area or classification of business from development of timelines to factory production. With guidance from Mgr Business Development /Sr. Mgr Business Development, the individual is responsible for coordinating and managing the line planning process for their area or classification of business.
The ideal candidate for this role is passionate about consumer behavior, understands and can identify category trends. Has organization, attention to detail and communication skills.Financial Management
* Understand key business metrics to analyze business (based on category ownership) by looking at sales and margin analysis to explain business performance. Partner with key business partners to take actions to drive Sales, Margin & Turn.
* Create and run weekly sales reporting in Qlik, MicroStrategy, Styles Report, Clearance, and KPI
* Understand cost process and how it relates to achieving IMU and GM. Adhere to margin goals, communicate merchandising strategies around promotional cadences and other factors that impact S/M/T.
* Coordinate/finalize build of milestone books with Design team, align with PM/Merchandising on hindsight samples and business strategy
* Manage and present (categories of business) post milestone recaps/follow-ups and findings on sales and competitive opportunities to PM’s, Sr PM, Directors. Identify opportunities and communicate actions to drive business results.
* Identify sample/proto needs and work with PM Coordinator to request; Pass samples off to eComm, Marketing, Merchants, and own responsibility of tracking samples
* Own the Time & Action calendar for your category of business and communicate/drive partners to achieve upcoming deadlines. Build and manage relationships with key external vendor partners and begin working to establish a strong partnership through clear communication and execution of deadlines.
* Attend weekly CFT meetings and prepare necessary information regarding outstanding issues surrounding your category of business.
* Gather and deliver necessary information to the Merchandising team; communicate issues/delays to PMs, Director or PM, Merchandising, etc
* Utilize existing business meetings and interact with key partners to formulate business relationship, gain insights on their roles, build partnerships, and determine impacts to your role.
* Coordinate and lead meetings with merchant partners for your category of business through preparing agendas, meeting rooms, documentation (milestone books, reports, etc.) and recaps.
* Collaborates with Brand Management to develop customer facing marketing strategy through in-store promotion and external advertising for a singular category of business.
* Partner with Industrial Design Team to enhance and deliver brand right product that meets the standards expected by intended athlete and aligns with specific product/category requirements.
* Communicate and guide suppliers on negotiated terms and conditions, maintaining and driving service levels and building continued partnership with vendors/factories
* Act as a subject matter expert through displaying in-depth knowledge and a high level of collaboration in the development and execution of their product mix, which includes leading the costing process, drive validation of target costs, ensure accurate completion of cost breakdown sheet (CBD)
* Manages the sample development process with vendor base and ensures product is ready for commercialization.
Research and Analysis
* Complete a competitive analysis/comp shop and present key findings on retail/market trend to PM and Design in order to influence merchant team
* Provide constant analysis of the competitive landscape to Director/Merchants. Know the market and product line extremely well
* Present ideas, thoughts, and suggestions on product and design based on supporting data (i.e. market research, sales history, current sales, etc.) to influence Industrial Design team, Merchandising, Director of PM, etc.
* Conduct quarterly store visits with Product Manager in order to review business. Provide needed reporting for the visit and summarize visit notes, ensuring that info is shared back with appropriate parties. (i.e. industrial design, buying, planning, visual, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree + 3-5 Years of Related Experience