Engage in a collaborative process that assesses, plans, implements, coordinates, monitors, and evaluates the options and services required to meet the client’s health and human service needs. Case Manger will use advocacy, trauma informed care, communication, and resource management while promoting quality and cost-effective interventions methods and outcomes to move the Good Shepherd Mission Forward. Case manager will focus on housing stability and placement, with an emphasis on the arrangement, coordination, monitoring, and delivery of services related to the transitional housing program needs as well as the needs of the whole client. Community Engagement is a must!
- Maintain active caseload of 18-22 individuals providing intensive case management services when needed.
- Assist clients to acquire and maintain their housing through the effective application of trauma informed care and harm reduction strategies.
- Assist clients with locating apartment units, obtaining furniture for their new home, and moving into their new home when applicable.
- Assist with reintegration into the community and independent living skills where applicable.
- Assist clients with applying for jobs in the community.
- Link clients with appropriate community resources and assist in implementing self-directed service plans.
- Provide a wide variety of client services such as non-clinical counseling, referrals and resources, life skills training, employment assistance, and assistance with budget management and health maintenance.
- Assist clients to secure cash and non-cash benefits for housing stability.
- Collaborate with outside partner agencies.
- Create and maintain client files and assist clients with completing any program documentation.
- Responsible for completing all program documentation in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Compile client data for reporting purposes including inputting accurate and complete data in the Homeless Management Information System (HMIS).
- Assist in creating, planning, and facilitating meetings and social activities for clients.
- Provide crisis intervention and emergency services when necessary
- Be an ambassador of GSA and participate in outside meetings and events, supporting Senior Program Manager (e.g. leading committees, providing trainings, or filling in on meetings).
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelors in a Human Services field required
- Hands-on experience in social and human services field; homeless services, direct support services or domestic violence.
- Knowledge of principles, methods and procedures of case management, housing first, trauma informed care and harm reduction.
- Knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures in working with individuals who have addiction, mental illness, and co-occurring disorders.
- Ability to negotiate and maintain positive relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Advocate for homeless population.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee frequently lifts and moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Good Shepherd Alliance is Loudoun County’s most comprehensive network of services for the homeless, near-homeless, and those in need. Our shelters and transitional housing not only provides care for the immediate needs of those who come to us, but we also work with partners in the community – organizations, volunteers, and local businesses to address the deeper causes of homelessness. Our goal is to help everyone find housing stability, economic independence, and self-sufficiency.
Good Shepherd Alliance values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Good Shepherd Alliance is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Posting ID: 593754589Posted: 2021-01-24