HIRING IS RAMPING UP! This is a great chance to join one of Shelby County’s leading employers, where there is very little turnover and excellent teamwork.
To apply for this job, click "APPLY" button at bottom. AFTER APPLYING ONLINE, PLEASE CALL US AT 205-981-1141 ASK FOR WENDY
$14.00 /hr. to start; possible permanent hire & raise to $18.84/hr. after evaluation period, for the right fit.
- Willingness/ability to work any shift, including possible overtime on weekends. Shifts may rotate.
- Able to work any lime plant or quarry location in mid to south Shelby County
- Must have a Valid Driver’s license with a Clear MVR
- Copy of a HS Diploma, GED or transcripts to bring to interview
- 1 year recent experience working in industrial/commercial setting (experience in mining or lime plant or quarry a plus)
- Possess a good eye & awareness in regards to safety practices & recognizing hazards
- Able to work outdoors in all kinds of temperatures & weather conditions
- Able to work in dusty environment (lime dust) – dust masks provided
- Physically able to handle shoveling, sweeping, pushing wheelbarrow, moving, picking up, etc. on daily basis
- Comfortable working at heights (catwalks & stairs w/ safety railings)
- Steel toed work boots (hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs, masks provided)
- 10 panel drug screen & background check will be administered
- Able to pass industrial arithmetic & mechanical aptitude tests (given prior to interview)
- Help with daily operations of a lime processing plant (quarry & plant).
- Rotate between general cleaning (shoveling, sweeping, moving, picking up) & equipment operations.
- Operate vacuum truck & vac equipment, sweeper truck, water truck, bobcat, etc.
- Recognize safety hazards or issues, and bring to attention of supervisor.
- Adhere to all safety standards & practices at all times.
You Choose How to Apply:
Have experience in other areas? Express Pros Birmingham AL South has regular job openings in the other following areas:
Apartment leasing, accounting, clerical, admin, inside sales, customer service, outside sales, medical reception, medical billing-coding-collections, delivery drivers (CDL & non-CDL), assembly-production, general plant labor, machine operators, warehouse, shipping & receiving, landscaping, housekeeping, apartment maintenance, plant maintenance, and MUCH MORE!!
See how Express Pros Birmingham AL South can help YOU land your next JOB!
Interview Process CLICK HERE Hiring Process CLICK HERE Answers to FAQ Click HERE
Building your career. Building Relationships. Like US on Facebook