Kelly Services is hiring for a Welder at an internationally leading manufacturing company located in Columbus, IN. The pay is $15.80 for 1st shift and $16.55 for 2nd shift.
INTERESTED IN BEING CONSIDERED? APPLY ASAP!
Responsible for manual MIG welding of production parts and/or TIG repair of rework parts while maintaining required quality and production standards.
The main missions of the role are to:
- Produce parts by loading and positioning component(s) into the weld fixture and welding components together using methods/equipment defined in operator work instructions
- Perform detailed (final gauge, bend gauge, hand held gauges, etc) dimensional inspection when necessary to determine quality of product
- Keep count of completed product on each run
- Record and dispose defective product in designated manner (red bins)
- Self-inspect welds and parts visually for obvious defects or as specified by work instructions
- Check all safety controls for proper operation at start of shift
- Notify GAP Leader and/or Supervisor when defects exceed acceptable limits or when major equipment malfunctions occur
- Pack parts into designated container and record information in line with labeling and/or packing instructions
- Maintain clean and safe working environment in line with company policy
- Adheres to all work rules and procedures
Additional reponsibilities include:
- Clean / paint equipment, clean / seal floors, paint lines around equipment when line is down or when assigned
- Actively particpate in work teams
- Move materials / supplies / finished goods to designated places in the facility manually or by hand truck
- Submit at least one improvement idea per month
- Perform General Operator duties when requested
- Other duties as requested
Job Knowledge / Skills / Qualifications:
- Satisfactory company work record, including attendance
- Weld trained and certified to operate welding and exhaust fabricating equipment
- Successful completion of Faurecia’s in-house training program and weld cerification tests
- Demonstrate the ability to perform welding tasks on any production line and assemble parts effectively
- Demonstrate the ability to perform welds that conform to the quality standard and production pace
- Able to rework assemblies effectively and perform basic minor repairs on welding and other equipment to include replacing consumable parts
- Ability to follow instruction verbal and written - good (9th grade) math, language and reading skills required
- Good communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate with employees of all levels
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and in a positive manner
- Commitment to the highest ethical standards and willingness to adhere to Faurecia’s Code of Ethics and Code of Management.
- Job involves lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds (full exhaust assemblies), exerts 25 to 100 pounds of force occasionally and exerts 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires pushing, pulling, reaching, standing, walking, gripping and bending
- High mental and visual effort required
- Work involves considerable bending and twisting
- Able and willing to work overtime when required – up to 12 hours a day / 7 days a week
Safety / Hazards:
- Steel toed shoes required in production area at all times due to physical hazards from moving equipment, machine parts and product
- ANSI Z87.1 standard safety glasses required in production area due to dust, oils and debris
- Ear protection required in production area due to high noise levels from machines
- Considerable glare emits from work requiring welder to wear additional personal protective equipment: weld helment (over safety glasses), weld jacket, weld sleeves, weld spats, weld gloves
- Exposed to flying objects such as weld slag and sparks
- Exposed to weld fumes and dust
- Exposed to moderate burns, cuts and bruises
- Exposed to significant temperature changes in the facility – (heat in the summer / cold in the winter)
As a Kelly Employee, you'll have access to the following:
- Kelly-sponsored Affordable Care Act health care coverage available to eligible employees
- Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Online training campus that provides more than 3,000 free courses to help improve and develop skills
- Exclusive online employee community
- Employee assistance program available at no cost
- Corporate discounts
- Transportation Spending Accounts
- Offered and administered by Leslie & Associates. These plans are not sponsored by Kelly Services.
Join our team by applying today for immediate consideration!
#WhatsNext #KellyServices #Manufacturing #CareerOpportunities
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.