Job Description of Administrative Assistant:
An Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the office and supports managers and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
Duties and Responsibilities of Administrative Assistant:
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Coordinate and direct office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping, to aid executives.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Prepare agendas and make arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons, for committee, board, and other meetings.
- Conduct research, compile data, and prepare papers for consideration and presentation by executives, committees, and boards of directors.
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Interpret administrative and operating policies and procedures for employees.
- Set up and oversee administrative policies and procedures for offices or organizations.
- Compile, transcribe, and distribute minutes of meetings.
Qualifications and Requirements of Administrative Assistant:
- Must be 18 years or older
- High school diploma or general education degree required.
- At least one year of previous office/clerical experience
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Functional knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
About the Central Arkansas Workforce Development Area
The Central Arkansas Workforce Development Centers specialize in recruiting and placing skilled professionals in a variety of industries on behalf of employers in Central Arkansas. We help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses.
CAPDD/Arkansas Workforce Center is an “equal opportunity employer/program,” and “auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.” Arkansas Relay Service: 1-800-285-1121 (Voice) 1-800-285-1131 (TDD) or TDD 711.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 601561634Posted: 2021-01-23