All Souls Interfaith Gathering
All Souls Interfaith Gathering, an interspiritual community and teaching center located in Shelburne, Vermont, is seeking a part-time (8 to 12 hours per week) Music Coordinator to provide music for our weekly Music and Spirit Service held on Sunday evenings at 5:00 p.m. and to coordinate other music activities including choruses. We are seeking candidates who are able to accompany themselves while providing music and who are comfortable leading a congregational chorus. The position reports to the Lead Pastor and also works with one full-time and one part-time staff member.
Spiritual and Personal Qualifications
- Demonstrates an active and vital spiritual life, including observance of spiritual practices.
- Embraces an interfaith orientation that is welcoming and accepting of all faiths, or none.
- Accepts, practices, and will promote the mission and vision of All Souls Interfaith Gathering.
- Will be committed to the ministry of All Souls Interfaith Gathering and will carry out duties withservice in mind.
- Has the ability to relate well and work with youth, adults, and senior adults.
- Is willing to exercise leadership within a multiple staff ministry in a cooperative manner.
- Must be a self-disciplined, self-motivated, hard-working individual who is willing to put in the time and give the effort to accomplish ministry with excellence.
- Possess experience, training, and expertise in the field of music and spiritual services.
- Have the ability to read music and play at least one appropriate accompaniment instrument (piano, keyboard, organ, guitar, etc.) to perform and lead music simultaneously.
- Sets a good example of personal spiritual and family life.
Areas of Responsibility
MUSIC AND SPIRIT SERVICES
During COVID, please note that our Music and Spirit Services are currently being held outdoors with temperature checks, social distancing, and mandatory masks. Musicians are expected to wear a mask or face shield. Services are also livestreamed online. Service arrangements may change depending on weather.
- In cooperation with the Lead Pastor and Minister of Service Coordination, plan and implement music for all Music and Spirit Services on Sundays at 5:00 p.m., as well as special services (Choral Celebration, Christmas Eve, Easter).
- Where appropriate, use multi-media to supplement and strengthen the service experience.
- Attend weekly meetings with the Lead Pastor and Minister of Service Coordination to select appropriate music for the upcoming service, to coordinate guest musicians, and any other Music and Spirit matters for the program. (Guest musicians will be scheduled approximately once per quarter.)
- Collaborate with the Minister of Service Coordination about special decorations needed for services.
- Be available on Sunday afternoons by 3:00 p.m. to set up for services, rehearse, and be ready to commence the service at 5:00 p.m.
- On occasion, schedule special musicians for services.
- Recruit, train and schedule chorus members for Music and Spirit Services (on hold during COVID, although we are open to virtual chorus activities online with apps such as Choir Player).
- Schedule and lead chorus rehearsals (on hold during COVID).
- Prepare all chorus music and distribute music to musicians and singers in a timely manner for their preparation (on hold during COVID).
- In cooperation with the Lead Pastor and Minister of Service Coordination, choose the songs for all Music and Spirit Services.
- Serve as a "Music Librarian" for All Souls Interfaith Gathering - purchase, file, catalogue, and supervise the lending out of all church music.
- With leadership of the Lead Pastor, schedule and coordinate music programming - adult chorus, youth and children's chorus, creative movement, and other special music.
- Recommend the tuning, maintenance, replacement, and/or purchase of new musical instruments.
- Maintain subscriptions to CCLI and VCLI authorizing us to legally use other published materials.
- Provide leadership for congregational singing at Music and Spirit Services - encourage and inspire enthusiastic music and singing.
- Direct the adult chorus; rehearsal every Wednesday fall through spring; select music; schedule; plan special musical presentations.
- In cooperation with the Lead Pastor, prepare a music and worship budget each year for presentation to the Board of Directors.
- The Music Coordinator shall work under the supervision of the Lead Pastor.
- The Music Coordinator shall meet regularly with the Lead Pastor and Minister of Service Coordination for planning and meditation/prayer.
- The Music Coordinator shall meet with the Lead Pastor for performance review after three months, then six months, and one year. After that first year, annual performance reviews will be done through the Lead Pastor.
- The Music Coordinator is expected to be at All Souls Interfaith Gathering on Sunday afternoon/evenings. Flexibility will be given, in communication with the Lead Pastor, regarding time off and being away on Sunday. Provisions are made for four unpaid Sundays away each year.
Hours per week: 8-12
Compensation: $21 per hour
Posting ID: 599133091Posted: 2021-01-23