The smiling face at the register? That's our cashier, the Nandoca that guides the Nando's experience at the register. The cashier accurately manages cash and credit card transactions and balancing the register at the end of the shift. The cashier is a menu expert and guides customer selection and enters the information accurately into the register. Our cashiers are quick and efficient while warm and gracious guides to our restaurants. Cashiers work with our team to exceed our guests' expectations and to provide them with the Nando's experience.
• Greet customers with a smile and eye contact.
• Verbally introduce menu items, assist customers in making decisions and in upselling items.
• Accurately and efficiently ring up items on the register, retrieve payment and provide correct change as needed.
• Alcohol [insert what the duties are with respect to alcohol]
• Thank customer and provide direction as to where silverware, condiments and beverages are located.
• Maintain an awareness of all menu information, promotions, merchandise and advertisements.
• Set up a visually appealing counter display, merchandising, display maintenance and store housekeeping.
• Adhere to company cash handling policies, procedures and practices.
• Is directly responsible for ensuring cash drawers have the correct amount of cash.
• Speak with guests to ensure satisfaction with food and service, and to communicate complaints to manager.
• Assist in checking back on tables, offering desserts and other items tableside and general dining room maintenance.
• Must be able to speak clearly, read, write and understand English to facilitate the communication process.
• Knowledge of menu items and service procedures.
• Must possess basic computational ability and basic computer skills.
• Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
Posting ID: 571454829Posted: 2020-09-30