X-wave Innovations, Inc. (XII) is a Research and Development (R&D) firm headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland. We conduct state-of-the-art research and product development in the fast evolving areas of Sensor Technologies, Wireless Sensor Networks and Energy Storage Systems. We are looking for a self-motivated Sr. Embedded Engineer with FPGA and high speed digital design experience. Passionate, self-driven, good writing/communication skills are expected, as well as excellent work ethics and attention to details. US citizen or Permanent Resident is preferred.
· B.S. or higher degrees with 10+ years of experience in embedded hardware and software design and development
· Proficiency at requirement gathering and analysis, providing system-level hardware & software design, and documenting flowcharts, layout, diagrams, etc. of the design
· Proficiency in high-speed digital design and firmware development using FPGA, DSP, ADC, DAC, etc.
· Proficiency in analog front-end circuitry signal conditioning circuits designing for sensors and transducers, including instrumentation amplifiers, operational amplifiers, and techniques for EMI robust measurements
· Proficiency in digital and analog mixed circuits for measurements, communication, and power management (in small and low power circuits)
· Experience in wireless IC firmware development, including Tx/Rx control and exposure to other IoT networking protocols (e.g. Bluetooth, Zigbee, Wi-Fi)
· Troubleshooting skills for wireless devices, RF systems from embedded systems down to hardware level (using tools such as emulators, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers and oscilloscopes)
· Solid experience in implementing the following protocols: I2C, SPI, PCI, PCIe, USB, LVDS, Ethernet
· Proficiency in Altium designer and OrCAD
· Design and develop embedded hardware and software for wired and wireless sensor/ network devices, and other instrumentation systems
· Supervise middle level embedded hardware and software engineers
· Develop project plans, identify key milestones, risks, and develop time estimates for each milestone to complete the project
· Document technical report and write proposals
· B.S. and higher degrees in EE or related.
We offer competitive salary along with a full benefit package (e.g., medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, profit-sharing, paid holidays, vacation, etc.). XII is an EEO/AA employer.