Responsible for building and testing systems, sub-assemblies or prototypes of new or used products. Duties require a high degree of accuracy in fitting and adjusting material to meet exacting specifications, perform operations required to position, attach, bolt and assemble components in the location and sequence shown on drawings. Conduct tests on complete units following prescribed procedures. Ensure manufacturing and quality processes are delivered and conform to company quality standards. Provide support for the planning and implementation of specialized manufacturing projects. There is a heavy emphasis on mechanical skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides quality customer service, including interacting with customers, answering customer inquiries, and effectively handling customer complaints
* Performs alignment (setup) procedures per quality assurance specifications
* Recommends and/or designs test equipment to increase accuracy and throughput of production material
* Uses work instructions, assembly documents and bills of material to aid in assembly and repair of machines
* Tests and ensures all production line machines are operating prior to transportation to quality assurance
* Sets up work centers for assembly including work instructions, tools, fixtures and orderly arrangement of raw materials
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
* Education/Experience: Associates degree in engineering or related technical field with two years of related work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience with digital microprocessor controlled electromechanical systems, software, software integration and a solid understanding of the interaction between hardware and software
* In addition to PC skills, must have an overall understanding of operating systems and their applications and experience with computer assisted trouble/help desk database systems
* Familiarity with use of most diagnostic test equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and temperature and speed probes
* Working knowledge of the electromechanical metric measurement system, stepper motors, stepper motor controllers, pneumatic cylinders, actuators and solenoid air valves, rollers, belt drive and belt transport systems
* Firm understanding of electronic principles and knowledge of photo detectors, proximity switches, position sensors, DC & AC power distribution, motor controls.
* Must be credible, trustworthy and self-motivated and possess strong relationship building, customer service, problem solving, and written and oral communication skills
* Must utilize sound judgment and display professionalism and excellent work habits including, but not limited to, attendance, dress, information generation and company asset usage
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.