Jacobs is seeking a Technical Writer with an active TS/SCI polygraph. This position is located in the Reston, VA area. Duties include:
- Determine requirements and preferences of technical documentation users
- Plan, develop, organize, write, and edit technical procedures and manuals
- Develop documentation for a variety of media (print, PowerPoint, video, etc.)
- Research, develop, and document technical design specifications and test scripts as relevant
- Understand and translate complex information for users of varying backgrounds and experiences
- Study product samples and discuss with developers and engineers
- Assist technical staff in making products easy to use (and make procedures and work instructions less complex, easier to follow)
- Identify and use photos, drawings, diagrams, and charts to increase user understanding
- Periodically review all documentation for timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness; make corrections/updates as needed
- Maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation
- Analyze documents to maintain continuity of style of content.
- Manage updates and revisions to technical literature
- Manage the document review and approval process in conjunction with Sponsor project manager and/or Sponsor team lead
- Apply extensive knowledge of grammar, punctuation, substantive matters, and corporate writing standards, including Classification and copyright regulations
- Active TS/SCI Polygraph
- 11 years of related work experience
- Experience working in a technical writing position
- Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication
- Demonstrated ability to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple diverse audiences
- Strong attention to detail, excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent editorial and grammar skills
- Self-starter and work well in a high performance team environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, constantly changing environment
- Attention to detail
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree, or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge of
- Standard and high-end desktop publishing software.
- Copyright restrictions and federal regulations
- With object oriented computer programming.
- Information Assurance concepts
- Routing and Switching systems (Cisco or Juniper); understanding of Routing Protocols (OSPF, EIGRP, and BGP) and Gateway Redundancy Protocols (HSRP, VRRP, and GLRP)
- Cisco IOS, IOS XE, IOS XR, NXOS, ASA, Juniper JUNOS.
- Network automation and network management
Most work will be done at a desk or computer.
General Office environment. The work environment is fast-paced and sometimes involves extreme deadline pressures. The nature of the work requires a high degree of teamwork and cooperation with other members of the staff as well as individuals across the Company and Customers.
Equipment & Machines:
General office equipment including PC/laptop, Fax, Copiers, Shredder, Printers, Telephone, and other miscellaneous office equipment.
Attendance is critical at all times. Must be able to work a 40-hour workweek, normally Monday through Friday. However, times and days may vary depending on business requirements. Needs to be available to work overtime during critical peaks and be available to meet last minute requests for overtime should the situation occur.
Other Essential Functions:
Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Must be able to interface with individuals at all levels of the organization both verbally and in writing. Must be well-organized with the ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously. Must work well under pressure to meet deadline requirements. Must be willing to travel as needed. Must take and pass a drug test and background check as well as a motor vehicle records check. Must be a US citizen.
Posting ID: 553638256Posted: 2020-08-27