Want to join an amazing company named among Washingtonian's 50 Great Places to Work? Look no further! Apex Home Loans' award-winning culture is centered around giving back, collaborating, and celebrating the small things. We are a tight-knit team of mortgage experts focused on providing the best possible customer experience for every client. We have built a strong reputation over our 20 years in the mortgage business and have expanded from Maryland to cover the east coast from Florida to New Jersey. We are consistently recognized as a top lender in Maryland and nationally by several publications.
Apex offers a comprehensive benefits package to include health insurance, dental, vision and 401(k).
We are currently seeking an experienced Underwriter to join our team.
The role of the Underwriter is to minimize potential risk by consistently reviewing, in detail, processed loan applications submitted to Apex in a timely and professional manner.
- Review of the loan applications will require DU/LP or investor automated underwriting input and exception. Effectively communicate file status (approvals, declines, suspense and conditions) in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain product knowledge of FHA/VA processing and underwriting for Apex Home Loans, Inc. product matrixes within software systems.
- Maintain current guidelines for appraisal review and regulations.
- Underwrite 2 to 4 files per day, in accordance with underwriting authority and adhere with company turn times.
- Prepare internal communication between external underwriting source and processors.
- Work with Quality Control, Secondary, and Shipping to ensure the highest quality of file output.
- Assist to clear all investor purchase conditions.
- Clear all conditions on files with 48 hours of receipt.
- Must follow company Policies & Procedures and keep abreast of current FHA/VA, FNMA. FHLMC, RESPA, HMDA, Patriots Act, and investor's criteria, which impact the decision making process.
- Report any suspicious activity within file review.
- Decline files within regulatory time frames and in accordance with regulations for ECOA.
- Provide back up for closing and post closing, as needed.
- Filing of miscellaneous documents.
- DE status and prior FHA underwriting experience required.
- Recent experience working in a paperless environment.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in the mortgage industry.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- General understanding of mortgage banking systems.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of Encompass required.
- College degree preferred, not required.
Posting ID: 575908155Posted: 2020-09-25