Amphibious Medics is currently hiring EMT-Bs or above for Per Diem as Health and Safety Medical Technicians in Leesburg, VA.
Amphibious Medics is a veteran owned business which was originally founded to serve the marine side of Los Angeles media productions. The company moved into the construction and industrial first aid industry after numerous requests from non-entertainment entities. We are now proud to be part of some of the most important construction projects and high profile productions in the country.
Job Description of HSMT
The Health and Safety Medical Technician (HSMT) is a construction site medical representative that works independently with limited supervision. The HSMT works closely with construction site Health and Safety management teams to provide a safe work environment for construction site workers. This includes, but is not limited to working in a first aid capacity for injured workers, analyzing tasks for potential safety hazards, implementing and participating in a site Health & Wellness program, and participating in the workers compensation process.
Essential Job Duties
- Provide triage, first aid and/or a referral to outside medical provider, if indicated
- Ability to remain calm, react quickly, make sound decisions and respond appropriately in emergency situations to determine a proper course of action and appropriate care
- Maintain medical records and medical records database for site
- Maintain on-site inventory supplies, restock and clean equipment used in the treatment of employees
- Communicate with outside medical providers on worker’s injury/healing progression and providing direct follow-up care with worker
- Provide daily activity logs to the safety team and management team · Frequent “site walks” to interact with both workers and managers
- Help coordinate an annual, semi-annual, or quarterly onsite health fair · Participate in frequent medical and safety awareness meetings with construction workers
- One year full-time experience in 911 emergency medical response
- Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 35 lbs
- Ability to walk and/or stand a minimum of five hours in a work day
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Minimum of a valid National Registry or State EMT-B Certification
- Valid CPR certification at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Experience working with OSHA regulations, specifically in 29 CFR 1910 ·
- Experience working on large scale construction sites
- Experience with workers’ compensation claim process
- Instructor certification for First-Aid, CPR and AED training
- Hold an active OSHA 10 or OSHA 30 card
Amphibious Medics is an equal opportunity employer. Hiring decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Amphibious Medics is a smoke-free, drug-free workplace. All employment offers are contingent upon acceptable pre-employment drug test and background investigation.
A Veteran Owned Small Business
Amphibious Medics was founded by Mike Donoghue, a diver and set medic, to serve the marine side of LA media productions. We moved into the construction first aid industry after numerous requests from non-entertainment entities. We are now proud to be part of some of the most important construction projects and high profile productions in the country. In 2011, with a nationwide staffing network in place, the Amphibious Medics emergency response and dive teams were in position to “get dirty” with the nation’s largest obstacle racing events, including Tough Mudder and Spartan Race. The high energy excitement of these extreme events has ignited a passionate following among emergency services personnel across the U.S. who are eager to share in the professional challenge that comes with working as an Amphibious Medic.
Our nationwide network of medics are thoroughly screened by our multi-layered vetting process. To be an Amphibious Medic, membership in the National Registry of EMTs and Paramedics alone is not enough – our crew must demonstrate medical authority and responsibility. Attitude, professionalism, and personal appearance are all considered in the exclusive Amphibious Medics hiring process, assuring our clients that responsive and enthusiastic people, each with a passion to serve, are part of your project.
Amphibious Medics is recognized as a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise, and is a Certified Minority Business Enterprise.
Posting ID: 570309964Posted: 2020-09-30