Hiring a Software Engineer for one of our top defense clients!
Our client is seeking a software engineer in a 9 month contract to hire model to develop software for one of their major Air Force programs. This software will be used to enhance the user interface and application of hand held GPS devices. With the current growth projects being to double the company size in the next 12-18 months this will also be a good opportunity to grow into a Lead of the Software Engineering team.
Product Information - The GPS device is called MGUE. This is a replacement GPS for the DAGGER GPS currently used by the Air Force.
- Work with current subcontractors to develop and test code to hit program requirements
- Fix bugs in current code to get technology working properly and efficiently
- Work with engineering leaders in the organization to develop software tasking via an agile process for demonstrations on this program for Oct 2020, Feb 2021, July 2021, and November 2021
Best vs Average:
- Worked in agile environment
- Worked on a DoD related program
- Experience programming drivers
- Experience with ARM processors
- Ability to perform code modifications in C/C++ and work on an Android platform
- No experience with multithreading
- Embedded SW Engineer only (need to work in multiple languages
- No experience with formal documentation of code for delivery (highly regulated industries)
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.Aerotek is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.