Sr. Associate, Business Control & Risk Management (Commercial Equipment & Vehicle Finance Group) - 2003830
This is a Senior Associate Business Control Officer position within Commercial & REVF Banking that will be responsible for helping to oversee the risk management of our Commercial Equipment & Vehicle Finance Group. The Sr. Associate position is responsible for the continual development, implementation, and oversight of the departments overall risk program which includes Risk & Control Self Assessments, Exam Management, Issue Management, and helping to measure the units risk appetite. This position will support CEVF and DCS leadership teams in all aspects of risk management and help to align risk programs within the unit to the banks overall programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyzes documentation for evidence of successful and efficient performance.
- Applies developing knowledge and supports the design, assessment, and/or administration of quality assurance programs, practices and policies.
- Assists in the collection and initial analysis of data, preparation of business owner control surveys.
- Conducts quality audits on all routine and complex transactions and correspondence to ensure proper processing according to established quality standards.
- Develops training on policies and procedures concerning controls and risk management.
- Independently conduct internal control testing including on-site observations, interviews with management and staff, analytical procedures and statistical/judgmental analysis and testing of data.
- Interprets regulations affecting control standards with large degree of independence and suggests methods of updating policies and practices to address any risk concerns.
- Leads operating process and internal control improvement initiatives.
- Manages complex projects that involve working with businesses to improve controls to mitigate any deficiencies.
- Partners with Internal Audit, Compliance, and/or Operations Management to share information and escalate issues as needed.
- Provides thematic analysis of issues for business to identify emerging trends.
- Reports audit results and determines corrective action plans, as necessary.
- Reviews current policies and procedures to identify process gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews, monitors and tests internal controls and procedures associated with products, services, customers and operations.
- Through walkthroughs and testing, identifies possible internal control breakdowns and gaps and report them to management.
- Works with the business to understand the controls currently in place to minimize risk.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- Bachelor's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field.
- Master's Degree; Accounting, Business, Statistics, Risk Management, Information Systems, Finance, Economics or equivalent field, or equivalent work experience.
- 9-12 years of experience in Risk Management of Vehicle Finance/Commercial areas, Internal Controls, Auditing, Credit Management, or relevant line of business experience.
- Risk Certifications are preferred.
- Ability to build credibility with, collaborate with, and influence line of business executives.
- Ability to build internal and external networks of information resources within the risk management ecosystem.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external service providers to establish resource requirements, scheduling, assignments and service levels.
- Ability to constructively work both independently and in collaborative environments involving all levels of management and employees.
- Advanced understanding of the regulatory environment and how the risks of the products and services the bank offers are viewed by the Second Line of Defense and regulators.
- Demonstrated experience supporting and/or leading risk projects across multiple business lines offering a wide variety of financial services products and services.
- Excellent analytical and complex problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly with the competitive dynamics and products in retail banking and risk management.
- Strong project management skills.
- Understanding of BSA/AML and OFAC regulations, regulatory expectations and industry leading practices.
- Communicates in a timely and straightforward manner.
- Probes for additional information, clarifies assumptions and confirms agreed-upon actions.
- Keeps everyone involved informed about progress and issues.
- Communicates the importance and benefits of risk management to counterparts.
- Displays natural skepticism and curiosity to question the status quo and uncover issues.
- Adheres to a good root cause analysis process.
- Creates a good working environment in the team; works towards shared goals contributing ideas and accepting change Provides assistance and coaches less experienced team members.
- Executes risk management process and procedures without management direction, and demonstrates awareness of expected results.
- Knows the relationship and impact of actions and results.
- Has an understanding of regulations impacting area supported.
- Follows through to meet commitments to others Takes responsibility for achieving strong results, despite balancing multiple complex demands.
- Knows who to reach out to inside and outside of one's team to get work done.
- Takes action to enhance working relationships needed to achieve seamless work flow.
- Stays current with industry and regulatory trends and emerging risk issues.
- Has good understanding of current market and competitive landscape that the organization operates within.
- Uses information and data effectively to support a position and present a rational case.
: Business Control
: New York-Melville-3 Huntington Quadrangle - 06471 - Melville
: New Jersey-Florham Park-200 Park Avenue - 06400 - Florham Park : Commercial Banking (4700)
: Jan 11, 2021, 5:10:22 PM
Posting ID: 600406747Posted: 2021-01-18