Dental Assistant/Expanded Duties- must have a valid RDA License in TEXAS. Experience with Dentrix is a PLUS!
The duties of a dental assistant are among the most comprehensive and varied in the
dental office. The dental assistant performs many tasks requiring both
interpersonal and technical skills. Although state regulations vary,
responsibilities may include:
**************BOLD task are production for the office***********
• assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures
• taking and developing dental radio-graphs with Dexis (x-rays)
• asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and
• serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control
protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
• helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
• providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or
other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration
• teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral
(e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
• taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
• performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal
• communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments,
answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies)
• helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including
orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery
• Promote automatic toothbrush
• prepare the patient rooms
• Check the lab cases and make appointment for deliveries
o DENTAL ASSISTANT (chair side)
o Sterilization Assistant (manage instrument and sterilization processes)
o Lab Assistant (process lab cases)
o Inventory Control (maintain inventory status)
o Filling (as needed)
Flexible to work the front office, filing claims with Dentrix G6 Software, Dental
Coding experience a plus, writing up narratives a plus, bilingual in Spanish and
English a plus.
1. Review Dentrix for the daily schedule, participate in morning huddles, the
ability to learn new software quickly and adapt to the team environment.
1a. CHECK OPERATORY. Make sure all rooms are clean and sterilized properly for
2. STERILIZATION. Instruments are sterilized to meet OSHA role and
regulations. Contaminated instruments are place in a diluted enzyme solution then
clean with an instrument brush. After with they are package in a sterilization
pouch and place in the auto clave for steam sterilization.
3. LAB WORK. Review the lab book and make sure all lab cases are up to date.
Call patient to schedule a date for the cases to be picked up. Make sure the lab
protocol is follow through with includes, patients phone number, shade, necessary
models and design of prostheses. Call lab concerning certain cases as needed.
4. CARE COORDINATOR. Assist the doctor in complete comprehensive clinical
patient care. Get the patient seated and address any problems that the patient may
be having. Discuss with the doctor the chief complain of the patient. Explain to
patient their condition at hand with the aid of videos and x-rays as needed.
Prepare the treatment room for restorative, endodontic or oral surgery procedure,
which will be performed. Take impressions, create, trim, check occlusion and cement
provisional restoration for crowns. Adjust dentures and partials. Routine prophy.
Line, itch, bond and fill composite restorations.
5. X-RAY TECH. Taking the necessary x-ray to diagnose a particular case. This
includes Periapical film, cephalometric film, TMJ film and panoramic films.
Background checks will be conducted on applicants who make it pass the interview
with proper credentials.