Gulfeagle Supply is a family owned business with over 80 locations nationwide which acquired Kimal Lumber in 2018. Since the merger, Gulfeagle and Kimal Lumber have been working to bring contractors superior service. Gulfeagle is a full line distributor of residential and commercial roofing and building products while Kimal Lumber provides dimensional lumber, sheet goods, moldings, roof trusses, windows, and interior/exterior doors. As a company, we focus on servicing the professional contractor and builder while also providing a variety of products and services to the homeowner, building owner, architect and general contractor. Together, we take pride in delivering the highest quality and best value to our customers.
CDL DRIVER-KIMAL NOKOMIS LUMBERYARD
6520 Industrial Lane
Englewoo, FL 34224
The CDL Driver is responsible for safely driving the most efficient route to the job site, while observing and obeying all traffic laws and safety regulations as well as company policies/procedures. Assists in loading and/or securing materials on trucks daily. Assists in verifying materials and quantities for accuracy. Unload or assists in unloading materials by using piggybacks and/or by hand. Leads, instructs, and supervises others while on job sites. Driver is responsible for securing returning loads prior to leaving the job site. Reports any maintenance deficiencies to the Warehouse Manager immediately. Other duties as assigned.
- Valid state CDL Class A or B Driver s License with clear MVR and DOT record
- Must be 21 years old or older
- Must have current and valid Medical Certification Card
- Must have held CDL driving position the previous year with consecutive driving experience
- Must have high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of the vehicle
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors under adverse weather conditions.
- Be committed to customer service above all else each driver is the face of Kimal to customers and the jobsite, and will always act professionally and courteously
- Must maintain a current FL driver s license, with appropriate class A, B, or C as needed for the position
- Responsible for delivery of building material products to job sites as directed by dispatch or management, and document deliveries in system as directed by information or pictures
- Responsible for keeping the truck clean inside and out and providing daily maintenance checklists
- Obey all traffic laws while operating company vehicles (seat belts, hands-free cell phones)
- Make pickups of returning materials as directed by supervisor
- Have a working knowledge of all products that position will deliver and be able to effectively and accurately coordinate customer delivery requests
- Any other tasks as assigned by management
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and three to six months of delivery experience.
- Ability to read and write in English.
- Ability to drive within the state of Florida (including current license).
- Working knowledge of geographical delivery areas for the location
- Two weeks experience or training with products and facility layout; or equivalent experience
- Must have acceptable driving record, as determined through driver s license check and insurance approval
- Be very organized and detailed to handle chaotic sales environment effectively and relatively mistake-free
*All new hires must complete pre-employment background check and drug test**
- The physical demand described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Position is subject to pre-employment and random drug testing
- Kimal utilizes an In-Cab Camera system
- Hourly pay is based on experience
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested. Gulfeagle Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, age, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Posting ID: 599909870Posted: 2021-01-15