**This is a contingent position based on contract award and funding from the customer**
Various International Locations
Full Time, Exempt
Caliburn International is currently searching for a qualified Journeyman Electrician to perform work that will consist of installation, alternation, additions and/or repairs of electrical systems, conductors, and associated materials and equipment within the electrical construction industries.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprint and estimate materials required.
- Fully comprehends Electrical theory and NFPA 70 National Electrical Code.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Switchgear and device installation and termination.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit, pipes or tubing, inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Must be able to lift tool, materials, equipment in excess of 50lbs.
- Must be able to work from all types of ladders and perform work at various heights.
- Wear personal protective equipment as required by OSHA and EM-385.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 to 7-years total construction experience, 3-years working as an apprentice under a Journeyman Electrician.
- Successful completion of an Electrical Apprenticeship Program is preferred, but not mandatory. Work experience will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in lieu of completing a formal Apprenticeship Program.
- Must be willing to deploy to project sites worldwide to complete construction projects.
- Must have an active Secret clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proven ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Strong initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Who We Are
About Caliburn International, LLC: We are a leading provider of professional services and solutions to U.S. federal government agencies and commercial clients. We provide consulting, engineering, medical, and environmental services as well as large scale program management in support of our core markets of national defense, international diplomacy, and homeland security client readiness. Caliburn employs over 8,000 dedicated professionals deployed across five continents. The
company's website is www.caliburnintl.com.
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing company and department objectives and is not intended and should not be construed to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with a job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Caliburn is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.