The Leidos Digital Health Solutions Group has an immediate opening for a Solutions Architect.
The role of a Solutions Architect is to lead the development of the solution per the customer requirements/needs. The Solutions Architect is responsible for ensuring the solution meets the customer's requirements/needs and collaborating with the other Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and other bid support staff in delivering the documentation to the customer. The SA is expected to work on new business proposals and presentations which are a persuasive representation of DHS's solutions and services offerings.
- The responsibilities for this position include requirements definition, enterprise architecture definition, application functional and technical design, and solution delivery.
- Collaborate with other professionals to determine functional and non-functional requirements for solution
- Requires ability to communicate with executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of solution development
- Ability to interact with the customer, including representing the overall solution for orals presentations
- Customizes the organization's solutions to the needs of the customer per the RFP requirements and details provided by the Sales team
- Writes the solution content of the proposal/presentation
- Provides the bill of materials (BOM) and Basis of Estimate (BOE) for the technical solution
- Follows the bid schedule per the Proposal Manager and Business Development Executive
- Impacts functional strategy by developing new solutions, processes, standards or operational plans that position Leidos competitively in the marketplace
- Serves as a technical lead on large, complex projects
- Viewed as a subject matter expert and within the field by peers within and outside the organization
- Anticipated travel for this role is 25%, dependent upon bid requirements
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 12-15 years of experience or;
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10-13 years of experience
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of different solutions, including IT outsourcing, cloud computing, infrastructure, cyber, and help desk
- Leading the development of innovative solutions in support of major capture efforts, balancing these solutions against cost, schedule, function, quality, and other business considerations.
- Creation of white papers, proposals, and briefings demonstrating the thought leadership capabilities of the organization, as well as supporting various marketing and business development efforts through customer interaction.
- Assist capture strategy development through technical leadership, including the creation and marketing of discriminating value propositions.
- Assist in the development of the systems integration capabilities across multiple accounts within the business.
- Support program management and business development reviews and assist in improving performance of existing projects as required.
- Conduct pre-sales engineering activities, to include engaging directly with customers in combination with our Business Development and Operations leadership teams.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.