Houwzer is a modern, socially responsible real estate agency for savvy homeowners. We’ve rebuilt the real estate brokerage model around the customer with technology and a team of full service, salaried agents. Home sellers save an average of $15,000 with our listing agents, while home buyers trust our team's focus on buyer goals, not commissions. We take pride in giving back to our communities and maintaining an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from over 600 client reviews.
This position is for you if you love working with home buyers, believe in delighting your clients, and know how to follow assigned processes. In this role, you will be required to generate leads through your personal network, Open Houses, Home Buyer Seminars, and provide prompt follow up to all assigned leads from Houwzer sources. Data entry is also important to this role and you will have to maintain accurate data on all leads and clients in the Houwzer CRM.
What Will be Expected of You
- Respond promptly to incoming inquiries from new leads.
- Prospect new business and convert leads into active buyers.
- Develop your personal sphere (Circle of Influence) to self-generate new leads.
- Respond to current and past clients via email, phone, text, or in-person meetings.
- Manage contracts and paperwork, and ensure buyer broker commission checks received at settlement are immediately given to Operations Manager or Team Admin for deposit.
- Conduct Home Buyer Seminars and pull leads from each one.
- Counsel clients through the home buying process by educating them on the transaction process and paperwork, current market conditions, area neighborhoods, and possible hurdles that could arise.
- Schedule and attend property showings, inspections, and settlements.
- Attend a minimum of one weeknight and weekend Open Houses.
- Negotiate throughout the transaction process on behalf of your clients, including offer price, reply to inspections, and appraisal outcome.
- Prepare clients for inspections and closings.
- Recommend Houwzer Core Services (mortgage, title, insurance, etc).
- Regularly and accurately enter data into company CRM.
- Have a positive “do whatever it takes” and “all hands on deck” attitude
- Conduct Buyer Consultations as needed.
- Research and send available properties to clients.
- Network with potential clients, developers, and other agents.
- Volunteer 50 hours per year.
Education and Experience Required
High School diploma plus two years of experience in a professional setting. A DC, MD, or VA Real Estate Salesperson License or Broker License is also required.
Other Skills, Abilities, and Qualifications
- Tech-savvy and familiar with CRM and real estate applications, such as TREND MLS, ProsperWorks, Zillow and Trulia, as well as mobile technology.
- Ability to work under pressure and solve problems independently.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to network in order to build your business.
- Great interpersonal and customer service skills that align with our mission and values.
- Active Real Estate License in good standing.
- Strong project management skills and strong attention to detail.
- The flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and client needs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as needed by clients.
- Successfully complete any regulatory and job training requirements.
- Enter data accurately into the computer using software applications for data entry and word processing as assigned by the company.
- Advanced expertise in using the Google Suite of applications.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks while maintaining speed of work and attention to detail without loss to production.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, go up and down stairs, use a motor vehicle, be on feet for up to four hours, use hands to handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This is an exempt position with a base salary of $50,400 plus bonuses.
- Medical coverage with a $393 contribution to the Houwzer plan of your choice.
- $10,000 in life insurance.
- Option to buy into vision, dental, short-term disability, and supplemental life insurance at group rates.
- Retirement savings account through Guideline.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits for transportation and parking.
- Opportunities for professional development.
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy (no maximum on the number of days off) and eight observed holidays.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Houwzer, we have set out to become the best real estate company in, and for, the world. To be the best, it's crucial we have a variety of perspectives and approaches, which means we are building a team inclusive of different races, genders, ages, religions, identities, and experiences. Come join us. We'd love to have you.