Description NJVC, LLC
Company Job Title: Senior Systems Engineer
Clearance: TS/SCI Clearannce
Location: Chantilly, VA
Reports To: Program Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt, Full Time, Regular
The Senior Systems Engineer
will assist in leading engineering teams in taking a multi-discipline approach to requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies to ensure timely and accurate GEOINT.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Government in directing requirements engineering, solutions engineering, scheduling, reliability, resiliency, services development, integration, test and evaluation, maintainability and analysis across the NSG, ASG and Federal Agencies.
- Assist with the planning, analysis/traceability of user requirements, architectures traceability, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review cloud service capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
- Advise the Government on proposed changes to the solutions designs based on analysis of requirements and new technology.
- Assist the Government in the capture and translation of mission and customer requirements/needs into systems/capability requirements and solutions.
- Support the analyses and allocation of requirements to systems architecture components and executing programs.
- Assist the Government in performing systems integration activities.
- Assist in leading AoAs, CoAs, Trade Studies, and Engineering Assessments.
- Assist the Government in strategic technical planning, project management, performance engineering, risk management and interface design.
- Provide expert advice to the Government in the areas of relating vision, strategy, plans, needs, requirements, and process and capability developments.
- Operate at the level of integrating multiple Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational, agency, department, and governmental/national boundaries.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's degree plus 16 years of experience, or
- Masters plus 14 years of experience in systems engineering, software engineering, information technology management or related field (BS or Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering), or
- 18 years of experience with no degree
- Expert-level experience in government or industry in relevant work areas including:
- DoD/IC Acquisition Process,
- Requirements Process,
- PPBES Process or system engineering of large complex System of Systems or Service Oriented Architecture/Cloud environments.
- Demonstrated expert level experience with systems engineering lifecycle.
- Demonstrated experience with Agile Development methodology.
- Demonstrated expert level experience integrating multiple Major Systems Acquisitions across organizational, agency, department, and governmental/national boundaries.
- TS/SCI Clearance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and yet be effective within a team setting
- Must be capable of managing multiple efforts with time related constraints in a fast-paced contracting environment
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with diverse internal and external stakeholder groups and individuals
- Friendly presence, helpful attitude, good interpersonal skills, and ability to work well with others.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Applications, and experience working in a home office setting as well as the ability to train end users on frequently asked technical issues.
- Ability to provide technical assistance and support over the phone; good phone skills, professional demeanor, previous customer service experience strongly desired.
- Good problem-solving skills; ability to visualize a problem/situation and think abstractly to solve it
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee may use repeated motions that include the arms, wrists, hands and/or fingers. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. Primary Location:
United States-Virginia-Chantilly Organization:
NJVC Strategic Business Unit:
Military Intelligence and Operations Support Security Requirements:
TS / SCI Job Schedule:
Full Time Exempt Recruiter:
Junius Currier Req ID: