CRISIS Acute Dialysis Nurses (Leesburg area)
(13 weeks contract assignment/Pay range $3000/week incl on/call pay)
(Must start within 7 days of APPROVAL)
(MUST BE FLEXIBLE AND WORK MULTIPLE LOCATIONS AS NEEDED /12 HOURS SHIFTS)
The Dialysis Registered Nurse provides acute hemodialysis care and treatment IN HOSPITAL settings, including developing initial and ongoing assessments, and providing patient training and education as applicable.
He/she is responsible for providing communication with the physician and other members of the health care team to interpret, adjust and complete all care plans in a timely manner.
The Dialysis Registered Nurse is responsible for assisting and supporting the acute unit management team in achieving high standards for quality, patient satisfaction, staff development, business management as appropriate, teamwork, culture and employee satisfaction.
- Assess, monitor and care for acute and chronic dialysis patient in the hospital/intensive care settings
- Initiate dialysis treatment through arterial venous fistulas, arterial venous grafts and central venous lines
- Administer intravenous medications, TPN and blood products through the dialysis machine
- Evaluate patients vitals, labs and hemodynamic stability during treatment
- Monitor, adjust, and trouble shoot dialysis equipment and chemical bath
- Contribute to development of patient care plans and assessments; providing case management in patient education for self-management, gaps in treatment, and discharge planning.
- Swiftly and appropriately respond to dialysis-related emergencies such as hypotensive episodes, needle displacement or infiltration, and clotting episodes; delivering calm, level-headed solutions to diffuse stressful situations for safety of patient and staff.
- Effectively communicate with patients, families, and caregivers for thorough comprehension to facilitate outstanding service and level of care.
- Associate degree in Nursing is required. Bachelors in nursing or health related field preferred.
- Valid RN license verified through Nursys (No disciplinary or restrictions)
- At least one-year Acute Care experience.
- Hemodialysis experience PREFERRED.
- ICU/CCU experience preferred but not required.
- Successful completion of training course in theory and practice of hemodialysis.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance, when business travel is applicable.
- Computer knowledge preferred.
- BLS and ACLS required.
- Possesses reliable transportation.
1ST STEP PHONE SCREENING | 2ND STEP ZOOM VIDEO INTERVIEW (PROFESSIONAL DRESS)
ANY QUESTIONS CALL OUR OFFICE (888) 538-5553 EXT 1
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 562773744Posted: 2020-10-01