- Caring and Empathetic?
- Social Media savvy?
- Love to work in a team?
- Enjoy being part of a community?
- Entrepreneurial Minded?
- Organized and Target Driven?
- Growth Minded and Interested in Professional Development?
- Relationship oriented?
Have fun at work every day - enjoying an awesome team!
This is a unique opportunity in the dental field! We offer you an exciting opportunity with a well-established, multi-faceted, integrative functional pediatric dental practice. We are seeking a warm, caring individual with impeccable style and manners, a genuine love of people, and a drive to help others to join our team. If you're friendly, energetic, and motivated, we're looking for you.
At Ashburn Children's Dentistry, the Patient Experience Concierge is a critical position. You’re the first friendly face every person who visits our offices sees, and the person who makes the last impression as they leave. Overall, you are responsible for ensuring every Ashburn Children's Dentistry family is well taken care of by providing superior customer experience and ensuring each patient visit exceeds their expectation of welcome and comfort in our practice.
The Patient Experience Concierge will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively and professionally to build a rapport with others at all levels of responsibility. The ideal candidate will be expected to greet patients, prepare forms, and collect necessary information for the patient visit and will make in-person appointments, conduct virtual appointments and perform duties as directed by the Practice Administrator. The overall goal is to enhance the patient experience by engaging the patient and anticipating needs throughout their visit. Our ideal candidate will also provide leadership skills, team-building, and creativity in problem solving to meet company standards and goals.
The number one duty of all employees is patient care and meeting patient needs. We stand by the vision of the practice to provide an atmosphere of continuous learning and of mutual support where everyone bands together as a team to provide the utmost in care to our patients while honoring each other.
If you want to help children smile and be a member of a team of friendly professionals who like to have fun while they work then you're looking for us! Experience preferred and willing to train the right person!
**Please complete the ENTIRE application to be considered for the position. **
$12 - $16 hourlyResponsibilities:
- Performs clerical and administrative functions such as record management – Ensuring proper information is obtained and communicated with the patient (i.e. identification, patient history, insurance information, missed appointment policy, arrival instructions, intake form, etc.) Once the information is obtained it must be properly filed on the patient’s record.
- Responsible for Pre-Screening and Obtaining/Verifying patient information, answers basic questions concerning their insurance.
- Provide excellent Customer Service, ensuring that client unique needs are met
- Manage large amounts of inbound and outbound calls and emails in a timely manner
- Provide patients with information in preparation for their appointments
- Process customer payments
- Conduct some financial transactions, ensuring that financial transactions are on track and on time
- Serve as an ambassador to patients and resolve any issues they may have
- Other duties as assigned
- Manage the registering, scheduling, and rescheduling for all new and existing patients.
- Play a key role in converting patient leads to booked patients.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties including but not limited to: answering phones, responding to patient calls and emails
- Create a culture of exceptional customer experience by continually exceeding our patient's and doctor's expectations. Properly maintaining and cultivating positive relationships with patients, doctors, and fellow team members.
- Receive, screen, and coordinate telephone calls from healthcare providers.
- Collect and process patient visit payments and co-payments.
- Reviews schedules for next day appointments for needed information, balance due, and needed referrals and obtaining referrals if required. Runs reports as specified by the practice manager.
- Oversees patient lounge, brushing station, and restroom neat and tidy as well as serve hot/cold beverage to our guests, reports problems or irregularities to the practice manager/team leader.
- Answers phone, screens calls, takes messages and provides information in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Assists in inventory purchasing as it relates to his/her area
- Assists in coordinating plans to retain and recruit clients, followup with clients
- Maintain information within our electronic health record system while upholding the highest standards of confidentiality
- Are willing to be cross-trained in some clinical duties (e.g. taking patient photos)
- Prioritize patient rapport and outstanding customer service
- Show strong respect for all of your coworkers, regardless of position
- Are committed to adhering to strict confidentiality and ethical standards
- Demonstrate a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, the release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits, and payment of services from legally responsible parties.
- Explain policies regarding services, charges, insurance billing, and payment of account. Request full or partial payment for services rendered according to collection policies.
- Perform facilities rounding to ensure patients are kept aware of their wait time expectations and that the reception area is clean, safe and comfortable for patients, family, and visitors
Education, Experience, and Skill Sets:
- At least 2-3 years of experience in a customer service-oriented position(Hotel Front Desk/Reservations, Restaurant, or Retail) required
- High School Diploma required. Hospitality Degree preferred.
- Experience working in a dental office preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience in the areas of:
- Previous Patient Registration/Admissions experience is highly preferred.
- A natural ability to communicate with compassion and hospitality no matter who you’re talking to or how you’re communicating—whether you’re emailing, calling, or chatting in person, you’re a warm and welcoming liaison for every patient
- You know your way around a computer, social media, and other office equipment
- You can think on your feet and make smart decisions when the office gets busy
- Professional and Happy demeanor
- Team player with positive energy
- Ability to work 36-40 hours per week, Monday -Friday (some days as early as 7:30 am and ending some days at 7 pm)
- Ability to work 1-2 Saturday's per month (7:30 am-1 pm)
- Reliable transportation to Ashburn, Virginia in all types of weather
For almost 20 years, we have been honored to be one of Northern Virginia’s most awarded practices; most recently voted 2020 Northern Virginia’s Top Dentist. At Ashburn Children’s Dentistry, we practice from the heart – delivering customized dental care to create an experience that exceeds each patient’s expectations from when they walk through door. We are authoritative leaders in pediatric dentistry utilizing lasers and other advanced technologies. Through education &collaboration, we help patients and parents commit to a wellness journey that focuses on proactive prevention that prioritize overall health at each stage of development. We offer comprehensive medical benefits, personalized training programs, and more! We are looking for passionate, hard-working people who want to be part of our team and take ownership and pride in what they do. We promise an exciting opportunity and unlimited growth potential.