FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
This position in the Infrastructure Operations & Support team is responsible for providing senior level Windows sever administration support with an emphasis on health & compliance monitoring & reporting across infrastructure platforms. Job functions include support of the standard server operating environments (e.g. Windows & VMware) that are employed at FM Global. The candidate is responsible for maintaining both Windows physical and virtual servers running 2012 and 2016 Operating Systems with an additional focus on overall health and compliance across the Windows server, network, and Windows client platforms through centralized data collection/analysis and reporting.
Job function guarantees that metrics are being properly tracked while interacting with key stakeholders to create and automate the analytic dashboards and reports required to move the services forward. Specific responsibilities include:
- Ensures consistent monitoring & reporting capabilities of key metrics for infrastructure performance & compliance
- Utilizes performance tools to develop and/or coordinate, automated dashboards, metric reports, and data analysis across all infrastructure platforms for recommended improvements and critical support decisions
- Monitors core infrastructure secure build compliance through the appropriate toolset, and escalates potential issues to engineering platform teams as necessary
- Reviews existing dashboards and reports and recommends improvements to presentation and query performance
- Assess existing tool set to determine capabilities and identify any gaps with stated requirements
- Modify existing tools and/or implement new tools as needed to meet metrics/reporting requirements
- Productionize reporting to stakeholders on a pre-defined scheduled basis (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Manages ticket queues and responds to incident tickets received from the service desk
- Troubleshoots and resolves server problems of both operating system and hardware level issues working with internal and external support resources as required
- Ensures proper system backup and performs file level restores as required
- Experience with security patching and vulnerability management
- Generates/maintains documentation pertaining to server systems
- Demonstrates a fundamental working knowledge of FM Global's business processes
- Based on management direction and assigned tasks, plans and prioritizes daily workload and escalates issues to management in a timely fashion
- Performs Server builds/retirements in accordance with FM Global policies and procedures
- Plans and executes small to mid-size technical projects within the server area
- This role includes rotating on-call and disaster recovery support.
Education and Experience
- BA Information Technology or a related field preferred
- 5 years administering servers in an enterprise environment
- Solid knowledge of Windows server architecture and administration
- Demonstrated working knowledge of system monitoring and reporting tools for data analysis, secure build compliance, and report creation
- Demonstrated experience administering and troubleshooting Windows Server OS, Microsoft Active Directory, storage environments and VMWare platforms
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong automation skillset (Powershell/Bash/Python/Perl)
- Proven understanding of data networking and Windows client infrastructure and concepts
- Ability to stay abreast of current enterprise server technologies
The successful candidate will be required to work with other infrastructure resources and must effectively communicate technical concepts across all levels of the FM Global organization. The candidate must demonstrate a track record of strong customer service skills, initiative/ownership, and have established problem-solving skills. Candidates must also possess the ability to work in a team and have the capability to deal with changes in a fast-paced environment.
Posting ID: 571684955Posted: 2020-09-09