Serves as a senior compliance risk officer for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM)'s Assurance team responsible for assessing compliance risks and controls implemented by the first and second line of defense. Also responsible for performing risk assessments of Citi's compliance risks; performing independent assurance activities (testing and on-going monitoring) to assess the design and effectiveness of key controls designed to address compliance risk; reporting and escalating control issues and any violations of laws or breaches of policy; and validating adequacy of remediation taken to address reported issues.
- Developing, implementing, and executing compliance testing, continuous assurance, and reporting programs within an assigned region in accordance with the Compliance Assurance (CA) Plan.
- Participating in the planning, executing, and reporting of compliance assurance reviews and compliance and regulatory issue validation activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity within an assigned region in accordance with CA Plan.
- Serving as a lead reviewer for complex reviews, analysing report findings, and communicating findings to corresponding control/process owners.
- Ensuring the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates, and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
- Analysing and documenting report findings, and having preliminary discussions with corresponding control/process owners.
- Assisting with development of Compliance Assurance Risk Assessments, Monitoring Monthly, and Quarterly Summaries and the development and enhancement of the Compliance Assurance Methodologies and Standards for auditing, testing, monitoring, and reporting.
- Utilizing innovative compliance testing solutions including Data Analytics to increase value and reduce costs of compliance-related activities.
- Developing effective relationships within CA function and with other stakeholders including Business process owners and Internal Audit function.
- Identifying industry best practices and share insight with the CA teams on a regular basis.
- Informing CA management of significant compliance matters that require their attention or action.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Expertise of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies
- Experience in planning, executing, and reporting on compliance testing reviews and regulatory issue validation activities
- Knowledge and extensive experience with auditing principles including audit planning, risk assessments, development of risks and controls matrices, processes and controls design assessments, controls operating effectiveness testing, transactional access segregation of duties, transactional testing, surveillance systems, and reporting activities
- Demonstrated career progression within highly respected diversified institutions with complex and diverse products and customers
- Understanding of rules, laws, and regulations, and specific regulatory requirements impacting financial services and [insert product, function, legal entity or regional nature of role as required]
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong relationships with stakeholders and engaging teams
- Effectiveness in working within a large scale and complex matrix organization is essential
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and "no surprises" approach in communicating issues, and strength in sustaining independent views
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in interacting with non-executives and executive management and across a number of business lines and control functions
- Willingness to travel
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Highly motivated, strong attention to detail, team oriented, organized
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to articulate complex problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging
- Ability to work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization; to influence and lead people across cultures at a senior level
- Experience in managing regulatory exams and relationships with examiners, auditors, etc
- Awareness of regulatory requirements including local and US laws, international and industry standards
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; experience in area of focus; Advanced degree a plus
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Posting ID: 572168206Posted: 2020-09-09