ICG Credit Risk Controls Lead
The Risk Governance function within the Chief Operating Office of Independent Risk Management is responsible for the design and implementation of firm-wide frameworks and practices that are integral and fundamental to Citi's Risk Management.
The Risk Governance group covers: 1) Risk Frameworks and Processes 2) Governance Committees and Exam Management 3) New Product Approvals/ Governance 4) Risk Controls and Issue Management 5) Risk Reporting and Data Governance and 6) Risk Organization Strategy.
As part of this Risk Governance group, the Risk Controls and Issue Management group leads the oversight of Risk's Controls and Issue Management Framework to ensure that best practices are employed across independent Risk.
The Risk Controls and Issue Management group is a centralized team specializing in: the implementation of Cohesive Risk's Control Framework (Manager's Control Assessment) inclusive of regulatory requirement mapping to MCA, a robust Risk-IA Assessment Interaction Model and strong and timely issue management, reporting and analysis to ensure execution of a consistent and robust control environment within Risk.
The Risk Control Lead is responsible for oversight of the Risk Control Framework for specific covered Risk Segments. The team is seeking a Risk Control Lead to have oversight of the ICG Credit Risk Team.
- Assist the Risk Governance Controls and Issue Management Global Head and Risk Governance Controls and Issue Management Leads to execute the Risk Controls and Issue Management model across Risk
- Manage Controls Coordinators that support ICG Credit Risk.
- Partner with the Risk Global Controls Staff to execute the Risk Controls frameworks across ICG Credit Risk and share lessons learned throughout Risk
- Present Risk Controls environment to the ICG Credit Risk Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Citi CRO, inclusive but not limited to the Risk Quarterly Controls Update, Bi-annual Risk Management Executive Committee Reviews as necessary, etc.
- Provide guidance on Assessment Unit and Entity structure and coordinate consolidation of Standard Activity, Risk Control and Monitoring (ARCM) Profiles and challenge ARCM content
- Develop a granular understanding of the drivers behind Risk control issues and provide standardization of the relevant processes used to manage the control environment
- Coordinate timely ICG Credit Risk MCA processes inclusive of the Annual Risk Assessment (ARA) and partner across Control Leads to determine best execution strategies to execute MCA controls and monitoring
- Review internal and external assessment themes and issues to identify gaps and key concerns across ICG Credit Risk and the broader Risk Organization
- Provide Issue and Corrective Action Plan project management, guidance and oversight for ICG Credit Risk owned issues, with a focus on Regulatory MRAs and higher severity Internal Audit Issues
- Present Issue and Corrective Action Plan project plans and status updates (Regulatory MRAs and Internal Audit Issues L1-3) to Senior Risk Management including, but not limited to, Risk Management Executive Committee members
- Partner with Internal Audit and Compliance Risk during Internal Audit Exams and Compliance Assurance reviews of ICG Credit Risk and as part of the Compliance led Regulatory Inventory Mapping program
- Build a strong understanding of core controls systems, including, but not limited to MCA, Integrated Corrective Action Plan System (iCAPS), Regulatory Event Tracking (RET)
- Participate in relevant Control committees including the Assessment, Issue and Corrective Action Plan Steering Committee/ Working Group, Global Functions Business Risk and Control Committee (BRCC)
- 10+ years or relevant experience in financial services industry
- Bachelor's degree a minimum requirement
- Risk, Operational Risk, Controls, Project Management
- Prior experience in Wholesale Credit preferred
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and people management skills and ability to interact with all levels of management particularly at the Director and Managing Director level
- Prior experience in project managing Regulatory and Internal Audit issue remediation and oversight, strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Citi's Control systems, in particular, MCA, iCAPS and RET
- Methodical and proactive thinker with strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Proven time and task management skills with the ability to multi-task effectively and promptly
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and data management/ mining
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to manage projects with minimal guidance
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Builds and maintains relationships
- Influential & persuasive
- Effective communication with Risk Senior Management and seniors across Citi
- Professionalism & integrity
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Posting ID: 572168157Posted: 2020-09-09