Mental Health - ResidentialType
Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status
SRO AdministrationCorporation Name
DePaul Community Services (DCS)Overview
The SRO Residential Services Coordinator 3 (RSC 3) provides direct support, advocacy and education to the residents in the program by assisting them with the development of and individualized service plan and then performing and coordinating the services and functions necessary to enhance the resident's autonomy, quality of life and recovery process.Responsibilities
- Works with the Management staff to provide perspective residents with tours and lunch visits and then provides input to the Admission / Management team with regard to the individual's acceptance in to the program.
- Ensure that each resident receives comprehensive service planning in a person-centered approach during the resident's tenure withthe program. This includes the delivery of recovery-oriented services and on-going discharge planning practices. Ensure that each plan is complete and up-to-date in accordance with standards of practice and the NYS Office of Mental Health (OMH).
- Conduct / complete quarterly service plan reviews with the resident and his / her support team in an effort to ascertain the resident's progress and to make revisions / updates to the plan when necessary.
- Provides teaching, monitoring and recovery-oriented supports to residents in accordance with OMH 595 including the followingrehabilitative services; Assertiveness / Self Advocacy Training, Community Integration / Resource Development, Daily Living Skills Training, Health Services Education, Medication Management and Training, Parenting Training, Rehabilitative Counseling, Skill Development, Socialization, Substance Abuse Services and Symptom Management.
- Observe, monitor, document and report resident behaviors as well as their progress in accordance with agency standards.
- Maintain accurate and timely resident files, including the documentation of progress notes, the updating of service plans, the maintenance of psychiatric and medical records, as well as other pertinent information relating to the resident.
- Ensures that annual appointments for physicals, eye exams, medical specialist appointments (such as OB / GYN appointments) and dental appointments are scheduled and ensures that transportation is arranged for these appointments when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with the Resident's Health Home Care Manager and other community service providers to ensure continuity of care for each individual.
- Serves as a key liaison between the resident and his / her clinical provider with regard to the monitoring of the individual's mental health and well-being.
- Provides direct assistance to the residents with regard to daily living skill training including the upkeep of resident rooms, training in the areas of preparing simple meals and assistance with laundry when indicated.
- Helps residents plan for the purchasing of clothes and other necessities.
- Works with residents to encourage a healthy connection with family and communities and to develop new supports and interests.
- Coordinates and participates in resident's recreational activities when indicated.
- Assists the Medication Coordinators with the supervision of resident medications when necessary and assumes dining room responsibilities during breakfast when assigned.
- Provide safe transporting of residents when necessary.
- Respects and maintains resident confidentiality and demonstrates a caring positive attitude toward all residents (as per respect policy), staff, guests, family members and service providers.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations for self, residents and staff.
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as required by supervisor.
- Works as a member of the residential team for each resident and give relevant input for treatment / support team meetings and continued stay reviews.
- Performs any other duties necessary for the effective operation of the program and / or the well-being of the residents.
Education and Experience : Needs to meet one of the following three criteria
A. Bachelor's degree in Human Services field plus at least one (1) year of experience working in a Human Services field.
B. Associates degree in a Human Services field plus at least three (3) years of related experience working in a Human Services field.
C. High School diploma / GED plus at least five (5) years of experience working in a Human Services field.
*In addition to the above criteria this position also requires a clean/valid New York State driving record as outlined in DePaul's personnel policy. Work Environment
Please note, this position is Sunday-Wednesday, 1:00pm-11:30pm.
Posting ID: 578737637Posted: 2020-10-10