Applebee's - Apple Investors Group (AIG) is currently seeking full-time self-motivated and reliable Restaurant Maintenance Assistants to provide general maintenance and service repair needs to our restaurants within the Roanoke, Virginia and surrounding Southwestern counties.
Position Purpose: This position will be responsible for performing routine building and equipment repair such as:
- Painting walls or other structural surfaces
- Preparing building surfaces for paint, finishes, wallpaper, or adhesives
- Moving or fitting heavy objects
- Repairing small cracks, defects, or damage to floor tile/walls
- Applying cleaning solvents to various surfaces/equipment (carpet/exhaust hoods)
- General routine lawn maintenance
- Assists when necessary in the installation of equipment resulting from special projects or supporting other technicians in areas outside of their own
- Performs other job related duties as assigned or required. Periodic irregular hours or periodic overtime required. Occasionally required to be on call on a 24-hour basis.
- Great communication skills. Demonstrated capable of working independently or with minimal supervision and ability to follow the directions of others and/or defined objectives; Team player with strong work ethic
- Being responsible for keeping assigned restaurants in a safe, functional, and marketable condition
- Capable of communicating with restaurant management about repairs, condition of equipment and performance of equipment in a professional manner
- Ability to adhere to a routine schedule while being faced with interruptions
- Must be self-disciplined, highly organized, responsive, and possess the ability to take initiative in dealing with routine issues as they are discovered
- 18 years of age to operate various restaurant equipment
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 year of General Maintenance / Landscaping experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current auto insurance
- Travel required -- minimal restrictions on scheduling
- Must have flexibility to work all shifts as necessary (including nights/weekends).
- Must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening, criminal background screenings, and have a clean driving record
- Great attitude, ability to work well as part of a team
- Must possess finger and hand dexterity for using small tools and equipment.
- Able to withstand changes in temperature; and follow general safety procedures
- Able to stand/walk/bend and ability to lift up to 40 to 60 lbs.
- Additional skill-sets, competencies, and physical activities are also required
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE AT www.jointeamapplebees.com
Posting ID: 56634583Posted: 2020-07-14