Are you looking to kickstart your career?
Maybe you re rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change?
Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic.
This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement.
We ve also updated our policies and training to ensure that all of our team members can safely serve our customers.
We protect what matters. Oversees a designated incinerator operations shift to ensure productivity goals are achieved while maintaining compliance with all applicable safety and health and environmental compliance regulations, and all Stericycle policies and procedures.
Key Job Activities: 1) Oversees the Operators and Plant Workers for a designated shift.
2) Assists in the training and development of operations shift personnel in the performance of their job duties.
3) Assists in establishing, communicating, and driving shift performance goals.
4) Provides shift and individual performance feedback to the appropriate manager or supervisor,
5) Monitors operations and shift team metrics in order to recommend, where necessary, changes in processing methods, operational procedures and personnel utilization to maintain production efficiency.
6) Monitors and ensures that team members are adhering to all Safety, Health and Environmental compliance regulations, and all Stericycle policies and procedures.
Communicates to the Operations Supervisor or Facility Manager, all issues, concerns and shift team recommendations regarding safety, compliance, and productivity.
7) Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions or practices.
8) Perform additional operator / plant tasks including, but not limited to:
Ensures the incinerator waste feed rate and blending is performed properly to maintain correct incinerator temperatures and to maximize throughput.
Monitors incinerator and steam systems (where applicable), ash removal system, ash quality, and Air Pollution Control system parameters to include but not limited to: temperatures, pH, absorber flow rate, reagent feed rates, differential pressures and other system parameters to insure safe, compliant and efficient operations are maintained.
Reports any issues identified to the appropriate manager/supervisor.
Completes all necessary logging and reporting documents neatly and accurately and file according to procedure.
Operates vehicles, including but not limited to, on yard movement of trucks, tractors, trailers, and roll offs.
Operates hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts or similar equipment as part of unloading and loading vehicles for processing or transfer.
Stages waste containers for weighing and scanning in the SteriWorks system.
Weighs and scans waste containers into the SteriWorks system for proper recordkeeping purposes.
Empties waste containers into process bins/receptacles, decants containers for transfer and/or loads waste containers onto conveyor system for incineration.
Places reusable containers on wash line for decontamination.
Operates reusable container wash unit to properly decontaminate reusable containers.
Remove clean containers, inspect for serviceability and compliance and stage for loading onto assigned vehicles for reuse.
Decontaminates cargo area of vehicles and ensures vehicle cargo areas do not have free liquid on the floors.
Loads reusable containers and other service supplies on vehicles as assigned.
Ensures work area is clean and free of debris; cleans up all spills immediately.
9) Performs housekeeping assignments and all other duties as required or requested.
This is a night shift position
Required Education: in Associates or EquivalentPandoLogic. Keywords: Incinerator Operator, Location: Liberty, NC - 27298
Posting ID: 576548597Posted: 2020-10-26