Every day, Kelly Services connects professionals with opportunities to advance their careers. We currently have an exciting contract opportunity with one of our leading clients!
Title: Logistics Specialist
Location: Research Park Triangle, NC
Duration: 12 months +
- Prepares export orders and related shipping documentation.
- Prioritizes and processes all in-house standard shipping orders (no charge shipments) including dry ice and hazardous materials. Ensures compliance with IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- Communicates needs to Freight Forwarder to ensure accurate and timely document legalization from foreign consulate when needed.
- Communicates to customers shipping arrangements and provides shipment documents for each order as required.
- Works closely with the appropriate Customer Service group to ensure the customer's needs and expectations are met.
- Reviews temperature data received from the customer and works with quality when a temperature excursion is detected to provide the customer a product disposition letter. An investigation is initiated by the Logistics Specialist in the Quality system.
- Co-ordinates with other departments to solve problems, which might delay, prompt shipment or otherwise compromise service to the customer.
- Maintains country profile in coordination with the Freight Forwarder with information airfreight shipment to all assigned countries.
- Audits freight invoices for services received from trucking and air/ocean freight forwarders based on negotiated rate tariff.
- Participates in training sessions, seminars, meetings, etc. associated with Export Compliance
- BA/BS degree plus 2 years of work experience in a customer service and export shipping environment, or 7-10 years of applicable business experience.
- Experience within International Trade and Logistics
- Knowledge of U.S. government Laws & Regulations and associated compliance is preferred to ensure accuracy of shipment document preparation.
- Knowledge of logistics and associated Freight Forwarder interaction basic principles.
- Ability to understand business context of assignments and be able to detect and anticipate problems.
- Ability to make decisions independently, but within a well-defined area.
- Detailed oriented person who can work well with internal and external contacts in a professional manner.
- Ability to balance daily order processing activities with the required participation in meetings when scheduled.
- May need to participate in meetings or on conference calls before or after hours, due to the global time difference of the assigned regional territory.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. Applicants must be legally permitted to work in the United States. Please contact Taryn Carbone (email@example.com) for immediate consideration.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.