Handy Mart is a family owned business that has been around for more than 100 years. If you have a great attitude and love working in a fast paced environment that provides job growth opportunities, then check us out. Working with Handy Mart is not just a job, it can be a career. More than 80% of our Managers are promoted from within.
Each Assistant Manager is responsible for the proper and efficient operation of his or her shift, within Company policy. This position includes duties such as serving customers, stocking, cleaning, and helping to facilitate a safe environment for employees and customers. We encourage our employees to have fun and work in a positive way to help ensure our Customers want to shop Handy Mart again and again.
The Assistant Manager will attend our Manager Training Program where he or she will learn basic principals of management including marketing, human resources management, safety, culture development and more! The Assistant Manager assists the Manager in the operation of the Store.
1. Must be able to constantly speak, write and read English sufficient to perform designated duties.
2. Must be able to frequently use math functions beyond those required by simple math. Store reports require basic accounting knowledge.
3. Able to frequently work any hours store is open or seven (7) days a week if necessary.
4. Able to frequently lift up to 50 pounds, carrying cases of soft drinks, beer and juices.
5. Must be able to constantly stand for long periods of time without sitting.
6. Must be of legal age to sell alcoholic beverages in any store that they may work.
7. Must not have any felony conviction or probation period that would prevent them from selling alcoholic beverages.
8. Be able to frequently walk, bend and stoop to stock shelves and coolers.
9. Must have a valid driver's license and adequate transportation in order to arrive at work on time and carry out Company business such as making bank deposits, attending meetings or responding to a call-in situation. Motor Vehicle Reports will be obtained for newly hired managers and reviewed annually or as warranted and must not contain convictions for serious traffic violations.
10. Have sufficient vision or corrected vision, to check identification, to process money orders and to identify customers at outside gasoline islands.
11. Be able to frequently sweep and mop floors, dust shelves and lift and carry out trash containers to place in dumpster.
12. Be able to frequently clean parking lot and surrounding store area.
13. Be able to frequently enter and work in a walk-in cooler.
14. Be able to occasionally climb a ladder for cleaning windows, etc.
Posting ID: 568627656Posted: 2020-10-26