This position is classified as non-exempt and reports to the General Manager and District Manager. Assistant Managers are responsible for ensuring that the restaurant delivers great experiences to guests while maintaining operational standards. You will manage the daily operations of the restaurant ensuring that the team properly follows all processes, policies, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
The information provided below encompasses the functions and values associated with this position.
Duties and Responsibilities
The individual in this position is expected to engage in the following work-related activities:
- Complete all training requirements including:
- Zaxby’s Learning Center Learning Plan and Basic Operations Training
- Food Safety Certification and Manager Certification
- Any additional training required by Zax LLC
- Enhance guest experiences by ensuring that team members satisfy and exceed guest expectations
- Ensure team members receive proper training including ongoing coaching and development
- Create an effective work schedule following company standards and local laws
- Plan and delegate shift assignments including communicating expectations and adjusting as needed
- Supervise, provide leadership, and coach team members to perform at their highest level of ability and strive to achieve quarterly goals.
- Ensure service, product quality, and cleanliness standards are consistently upheld
- Communicate performance concerns to your General Manager
- Assist with performance reviews and mentor and develop team members
- Create and maintain a positive culture and healthy team morale through recognition and leading by example
- Handle and report guest and team member complaints/concerns/injuries timely and in a friendly and respectful manner
- Ensure processes, policies, and procedures are properly followed throughout daily operations
- Maintain operational standards and ensure compliance with all Zaxby’s Franchising LLC and Zax LLC guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local laws and guidelines
- Utilize management tools and keep neat, accurate, and current records
- Other responsibilities
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description
- Ensure the team works safely and follows all safety guidelines and procedures
- Escalate concerns to your supervisor when appropriate
- All other duties necessary to ensure restaurant operations function properly
At Zax LLC, we have core values that drive our business. We stick to these values to make sure that we are moving in the right direction. By using these values as guidelines in everything you do, you’ll help keep Zax LLC unique and special.
- Guest Focused – Our success is linked to satisfied guests. We will keep the guest at the center of everything we do.
- Develop Talent – We recognize that people are our most important asset. We strive to attract, motivate, recognize, and develop the best, diverse talent possible.
- Operational Excellence – We execute our systems with excellence. We strive to achieve the highest quality possible in everything that we do.
- Continuous Improvement – We deliver what we promise but strive to deliver more than is expected. We will embrace change when it allows us to improve excellence.
The following requirements must be met in order to qualify for this position.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must have a valid driver’s license, vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation
- Ability to work a minimum of 5 days and 40 hours per week (typically scheduled between 45 and 50 hours per week)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Successful completion of background check and drug screen
- Must possess leadership qualities, organizational skills, and ability to interact cooperatively with others
- Leadership experience preferred
The following capabilities are required to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship on the company will be considered.
- Sit, stand, and walk continuously
- Occasionally stoop, bend, crouch, or climb, including the use of ladders
- Frequently lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds, including lifting overhead
- Continuous use of hands and wrists for grasping and fine manipulation
- Communicate proficiently through speech, reading, and writing
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception to observe and respond to the environment
- Work in an environment that features hot and cold temperature variations and exposure to food allergens
- Operate and work safely with restaurant equipment including, but not limited to, knives, fryers, and potentially hazardous equipment
Posting ID: 565046160Posted: 2020-07-23