Are you a born leader with a highly developed sense of taste? Zaxby’s restaurants are looking for bright, organized, personable professionals with a knack for leadership in the quick service restaurant industry - chicken management skills preferred.
Starting Salary $40,000- $50,000/year, Health Benefits, Paid Vacation,
Complimentary Meals, and a Quarterly Bonus Program
Enjoying great chicken in an atmosphere where you can be yourself—that’s what childhood friends Zach McLeroy and Tony Townley wanted to achieve when they founded Zaxby’s back in the 1990s.
Many years and locations later, Zaxby’s is still delivering on the promise to serve delicious food in a fun, offbeat environment where we welcome customers as friends.
An alternative to fast food, Zaxby’s offers prepared-at-order chicken fingers, wings, sandwiches and salads. Zaxby’s most popular items are its hand-breaded Chicken Fingerz and Jumbo Buffalo Wings, smothered in a choice of sauces with names like Wimpy, Tongue Torch, Nuclear and Insane. The menu also offers innovative Zappetizers like Tater Chips and made-from-scratch Spicy Fried Mushrooms, as well as a variety of Party Platterz perfect for any family gathering, special occasion, sporting event, party and/or tailgate.
Zaxby’s has grown to more than 900 locations in 17 states and is headquartered in Athens, Georgia. Zaxby’s restaurants are independently owned and operated.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
- Receives direction and reports to the District Manager/Licensee.
- Exercises direct supervision of 3+ managers and 15-50 employees.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enhance our guest experiences by satisfying and exceeding guest expectations
- Increase sales and profit by building community relationships/partnerships and providing outstanding product and service
- Ensure an effective work schedule is posted each week
- Demonstrate effective interviewing skills for hiring top performers
- Responsible for all levels of staffing and new hire orientations
- Ensure all training and certification processes are in place and compliant
- Responsible to provide clear development plans and performance reviews for management staff
- Assist District manager/Licensee in the execution of local marketing plan
- Continually mentor Assistant Managers in the operation of a Zaxby's unit and prepare them for future advancement
- Oversee all FOH and BOH operations in compliance with Zaxby's standards
- Control costs by maintaining proper ordering/receiving and inventory control
- Provide leadership by generating excitement, enthusiasm and positive attitude toward company objectives
- Maintain an attitude of flexibility that allows performance above and beyond the parameters of this position description
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to walk, stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds overhead
- Must have effective audio-visual discernment and perception needed for making observations, communicating with others, and reading and writing
- Must complete in-store training program, including a 90% completion score on online General Manager Test and in-store Kitchen Demonstration
- College or University Degree preferred
- Ability to work flexible, full time schedule consisting of days, evenings and weekends
- Proven leadership and teamwork skills
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Basic computer literacy
- Minimum 2-4 years of restaurant management experience
- Office environment; work with computer and office equipment
- Restaurant environment; work with advanced kitchen and front-of -house operational equipment; hazardous conditions
- Standard Hours= 45-50 hours/week
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required for employees to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer