Anyone can offer a truck-driving job. Groendyke Transport offers careers that unlock unlimited potential.
Location: Terminal Assignment Reports To: Terminal/Shop Manager
Non Exempt Classification Date Last Revised: 8.6.2019
This position's primary responsibility is to inspect, repair, and perform routine maintenance on all terminal shop equipment, such as truck-tractors, semi-cargo tank trailers, and related shop equipment in a safe, timely, cost-effective manner. Maintain complete, timely, and accurate records on all maintenance equipment in the absence of a Shop Manager and/or Technician Level A.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Troubleshoot and perform failure analysis of the component parts and systems on the truck-tractor, or the component parts and systems of a cargo tank semi-trailer.
- Make proper use of both power and hand tools to repair or replace defective components of Company fleet and other equipment.
- When applicable, use welding skills and knowledge of metals to complete vehicle repairs.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance records in accordance with Company policies and State and Federal regulations in the absence of a Shop Manager and/or Technician Level A.
- Read reports, technical manuals, and other documents to keep abreast of changes in Company fleet, including all component parts.
- Qualified to perform FHWA inspections (GTI code IN-ANN)
- Qualified to perform brake maintenance (GTI code BRAQUA)
- Qualified to perform tire maintenance (GTI code TIRES)
- Ability to repair any issue discovered during a preventive maintenance inspection on all revenue-generating equipment
- Ability to work shifts that consist of days or nights and/or weekends as specified by the Shop/Terminal Manager.
- Provide a safe work environment for co-workers at all times.
- Assure that the cargo tank entry procedures are followed at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a current, valid driver's license
- Five years of heavy truck maintenance experience preferred
- Must possess own hand tools
- Must pass pre-employment physical to ensure that all essential functions can be met
Computer Equipment and Software Requirements
- Must be able to effectively operate computer systems to complete essential job functions.
The trucking company you want to grow with.
Posting ID: 599918660Posted: 2021-01-24