Your responsibilities as a sales associate include:
• Assist customers and ensure their shopping experience is enjoyable.
• Enjoyable customer service experience should lead to future repeat business
• Reports to the Manager or Supervisor (closer) who will delegate your tasks or are your first point of
contact with any issues either from you or the customer(s)
• Greeting Customers as they enter the shop
• Advise customers and answer inquiries regarding stock availability, details of special offers, prices,
• Handling transactions (purchases and returns).
o Floor, displays, dusting, anything that can be cleaned
• Putting product back in its proper place (display and stock)
• Stock work (product on the sales floor to newly received product
• Wearing our products
• Keeping the store ordering system organized
• Acknowledging customers in your area
o Actively seek out customers in store
• Expected to work during busy times of the year (sales, promotions, special events, holiday season)
• Confidence working with the public and product
• Recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
• Watch for and recognize security risks and thefts, and know how to prevent or handle these situations.
• Answering questions regarding the store and procedures
• Describe merchandise and explain use, operation, and care of merchandise to customers.
• Place special orders or call other stores to find desired items.
• Exchange merchandise for customers and accept returns.
• Help customers try on or fit merchandise.
• Assess customers needs and provide assistance and information on product features
• "Go the extra mile" to drive sales
• Remain knowledgeable on products offered and discuss available options
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
• Cross sell products
• Team up with co-workers to ensure proper customer service
• Any other duty involving helping customers including phone or computer work
• Being a strong team player
• Polite and helpful
• Good with numbers
• Plenty of patience (there'll always be people asking odd questions)
• Ability to work with ill mannered customers
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties
or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.
Posting ID: 41751638Posted: 2020-07-14