U.S. Air Force
Providing our Airmen with proper healthcare doesn't stop once they leave the doctor's office. Primarily responsible for dispensing prescribed medications and helping patients understand proper usage and side effects, Pharmacists are an integral part of patient care. These medication experts help maximize positive health outcomes and improve the quality of their patients' lives through patient counseling and careful quality control.
- Counsel and advise patients on the treatment of disease states and potential side effects of medicines.
- Screen prescriptions and provide orders for accuracy, drug interactions and therapeutic appropriateness.
- Coordinate patient care with other members of the healthcare team.
- Instruct patients in the proper use of prescribed drugs.
- Direct procurement, storage and control of pharmacy drugs.
- Serve as a consultant on pharmaceutical matters for professional staff.
The Air Force benefits package is unparalleled in the civilian world. Benefits include:
- 30 days of vacation with pay each year
- Outstanding healthcare coverage for you and your family
- Food and housing assistance
- Generous retirement program
- Continuing medical education opportunities
- Free or low-cost world travel opportunities
This is an active-duty position as an Air Force officer. To be considered, you must meet the following requirements:
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree (Pharm.D.)
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy recognized by the American Council on Pharmaceutical Education or achieved foreign pharmacy graduate equivalency certification
- Must have and maintain a valid pharmacist license and be in good standing
- New graduates must obtain a license issued by a board of pharmacy to practice medicine within 12 months of commissioning
- Normal color vision
- Completion of eight-week Officer Training School
- Must be a U.S. citizen between the ages of 18 and 41
- Must be willing to relocate
About the Air Force
The mission of the U.S. Air Force is to fly, fight and win in air, space, and cyberspace. We live by three core values: integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do. The Air Force offers hundreds of careers from healthcare to engineering in order to serve the American people and provide precise and reliable global vigilance, reach and power for the nation.
Posting ID: 551267124Posted: 2020-09-17