The Prep Cook assists the cooks in the preparation and service of menu items and performs a number of kitchen activities including pot washing, dish washing, general cleaning duties and storing food and non-food supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist cooks in preparation and service of various foods in assigned work situations including pantry items, salads, soups, sauces, and with pre-preparation of ingredients for entrees.
- Assist in the preparation of banquet food as well as help to execute banquets.
- Store and properly handle raw or prepared foods and non-food supplies.
- Wash dishes and pots.
- Operate dish washing equipment.
- Distribute and store clean pots, dishes and utensils.
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Empty trash containers as required.
- Maintain assigned work station in a safe and sanitary condition.
- Handle food in a manner that is consistent with local health department guidelines.
- Follow proper food handling techniques and coordinates the use of time, material and equipment to avoid waste and unnecessary expense.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene.
- Comply with department's dress code.
- Follow safety regulations, reporting injuries or any unsafe conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Attend in-service training and education sessions as assigned.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Assume all responsibilities as delegated by the Director of Operations, General Manager and Upper Management and all other duties required to fulfill client needs and requests.
- Able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
- Previous experience preferred of at least 3 months.
- Must be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation, cleanliness and personal hygiene.
- Food handler's card preferred.
- Regular and dependable attendance.
- Requires moderate physical efforts. Standing, carrying, bending, stretching, stooping, pulling and pushing, lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure level to blood borne pathogens: Level III.
- Working conditions involve, noise, heat, changes in temperature, kitchen elements, odors, moisture, etc.
- May be required to work additional hours as dictated by the work load and staffing
- Must be willing to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
Statement of Understanding:
I have read this job description and understand its contents. I also understand this job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with my position. I further understand that my employment is at will, and thereby understand that my employment may be terminated at will by Rock Garden / 1951 West / Comfort Suites or myself with or without notice.
Posting ID: 22905729Posted: 2020-07-14