Director of Engineering
Our client a leader in the design, fabrication, automation and installation of stainless-steel process systems used in a variety of industries currently has a need for a Director of Engineering. If you're interested in joining a world class organization with an entrepreneurial work environment and innovative spirit, we want to talk to you!
Direct, manage, coordinate the three teams' activities and lead all aspects of Engineering activities to obtain the technical and financial objectives set by the organization. Sphere of control includes two cost centers (Mechanical and Process) and one profit center in Automation. The Director will provide leadership to a staff of managers, engineers and designers. Interfacing with the owners and other executive staff, the Director participates in planning and directing the projects and programs that are necessary to meet corporate goals. This includes determining clear project definitions, outlining features and benefits, establishing cost targets, determining the scope of projects and prioritizing projects accordingly. Working with the Engineering Managers, the Director assures that proper staffing is maintained, needed skills sets exist (or are obtained through training), and that projects are tracked and progress is clearly communicated. The Director will also drive improvements in productivity through development of processes and procedures. These processes and procedures will be both internal to the department and also external relating to cross-functional communication and support of other departments.
* Manages and develops direct reporting staff
* Review and enforce departmental expenditure within agreed budgets
* Liaises with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of operational development, and to ensure they are fully informed of operational objectives, purposes and achievements
* Maintains awareness and knowledge of contemporary engineering regulating codes, theory and practices and provide suitable interpretation to managers and staff within the organization
* Manages departmental performance against agreed targets and budgets, and within policies and standards.
* Liaises with customers and suppliers where necessary (where impacting/affected by engineering quality issues)
* Coordinates engineering standards program to maintain the quality of engineering product produced
* Directs an integrated approach to CAD and job-related document management.
* Enforce morality and ethics within the organizational ethics code of conduct.
* Coaches, mentors and develops direct reports including the selection and discipline of them.
* Implements corporate programs and strategy with in the engineering team
* Performs duties as assigned by Supervisor
Education & Experience:
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering or similar degree is preferred. Candidate should have at least 10-15 years' experience in the engineering field with at least 5-7 Supervisory or management experience.
Additional experience preferred but not required would include a thorough understanding of the marketing and business development functions and overall sales strategy of an organizational structure. Having directly or indirectly participated in discussions with other members of the management team as it related to market analysis, planning and new product development and support activities. A strong track record of success is required. A thorough understanding and ability to use all Microsoft software applications is required.
This is a leadership position, and a clear record of setting and obtaining clear and concise objectives is required. The successful candidate must genuinely enjoy working with people, have a pleasant disposition, and be willing to advance the goals of the organization by demonstrating competence in relevant subject areas and a willingness to be helpful.
Interested candidates should submit current resume along with salary history. For a faster response please include job code in subject line. Please note that all candidates applying must have proper US work authorization, client will NOT sponsor.
Posting ID: 571742560Posted: 2020-09-21