The position of a kitchen worker consists of performing a variety of food preparation duties such as cooking, deep frying, and preparing cold foods. A kitchen worker may be responsible for a certain station or specific area in the kitchen, to ensure efficiency and preparation of the food products.
- Greet customers with a smile, be friendly, and offer prompt service.
- Very Important: Follow “To Do” checklists.
- Prepare and package hot and cold food items correctly, according to directions.
- Present food using proper presentation
- Monitor food warmer to ensure fresh products.
- Re-fill food containers for next shift of co-workers
- Keep records of the quantities of food used;
- Wash dishes and pans, even if you did not use them.
- Clean before and after food preparation and consistently maintain cleanliness. (i.e.disinfect counters, sweep and mop kitchen floors, wipe storage shelves, etc.)
- Take proper care of ranges, ovens, fryers, griddles, utensils and other equipment.
- Work in a team-oriented environment.
- Understand government health and food service regulations;
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the kitchen supervisors and store manager.
Qualifications and requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum age of 16
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, to adjust actions in relation to others' actions, and to manage one's own time.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. or use assistive tool to move items.
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with possible stressful situations.
Lines of communication
Please contact your supervisor if you have any concerns. The C-Store Manager should be contacted if the supervisor is unable to assist. If not resolved, the C-Store Division Manager may be contacted. The Human Resource office may be contacted if further information is needed.
Convenience stores are generally open very early and close late in the evening. Schedules will vary and must be adhered to in order to keep the stores in a clean, safe condition. Store managers and assistant managers will schedule kitchen worker shifts accordingly.
Envision is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and treatment for every person seeking employment with or employed by our company. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, genetics, age, disability, marital status, public assistance status, political affiliation or belief, or participation in lawful activity.
Posting ID: 575804340Posted: 2020-09-24