Company Name: Mariano's
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing excellent customer service by developing technical expertise and functional knowledge of multiple departments and roles within the store. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping experience.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Develop functional knowledge of multiple departments/roles within the store (e.g. cashier, deli clerk, bagger, Bakery, Deli, Meat, Front Desk/ Front Desk, etc.) and follow standard operating procedures.
- Properly operate all applicable equipment (cash register, stove, deli slicer, pallet jack, compactor, carts, mop, scraper, cleaning utensil, etc.) per company guidelines.
- Conduct product sales events and food demonstrations; properly set up the demo station, prepare/cook food for sampling and ensure the demo station is clean and appealing for the presentation.
- Efficiently bag the customer's groceries including parcel pickups.
- Retrieve/collect shopping carts and ensure there is a sufficient supply for the customers.
- Restock/replenish product; verify freshness date, rotate, block and face product.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean and maintain the sales area, backroom, exterior grounds, restrooms, and floors (e.g., wash, sweep, mop, etc.).
- Comply with and reinforce all food safety, sanitation and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs according to company, local, state, and federal health code regulations; identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequent turning, standing in one location, reaching, stooping/bending, kneeling, walking, lifting/carrying objects 40 to 80 lbs., and pushing/pulling up objects 70 to 650 lbs., and exposure to outside temperatures. Occasional standing or walking on uneven ground, squatting, kneeling, pushing/pulling objects 650 to 1000 lbs.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
Minimum Position Qualifications Requirements:
- Effective interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Willingness to take initiative
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years. Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL || Lake Zurich || 1350 East Route 22 || 60047 || Mariano's || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service || Employee || Non-Exempt || Part-Time || None
Posting ID: 570750421Posted: 2020-08-31