Job Description The Store Co-Manager is responsible for supporting the Store Manager in overseeing the day to day operations and sales of a high volume convenience store retail outlet. This individual assists the Manager in leading and supervising a team of employees, as well as drives profitability, developing people, and the highest level of guest service. The Co-Manager is also responsible for assisting with the accounting functions for the store including supervising and monitoring sales and inventory.
Job Requirements ResponsibilitiesGuest
- Greets and interacts with new and regular guests in a genuine manner and suggest products that compliment purchase to enhance guest experience.
- Provides prompt, efficient and courteous service and engages in conflict management when needed.
- Fosters positive and professional relationships with co-workers and guests, communicates respectfully, and maintains a consistent team-oriented attitude.
- Addresses any guest concerns on designated shifts.
- Assists in control of inventory and the flow/distribution of materials, merchandise and supplies.
- Works with the General Managerto determine the type and quantity of merchandise to be bought, stocked and sold.
Clean, Safe, Fast & Full
- Sets a leading example of RaceTrac's Core Values, Leadership Qualities and the RaceTrac Way to entire team.
- Supports the General Manager in managing the store operation.
- Directs, plans and apportions the work of store team members on designated shifts.
- Supervises, coaches, trains and develops store team members.
- Provides feedback on employee performance and development to the General Manager.
- Maintains inventory in a neat and organized manner.
- Supervises and monitors adherence to all safety-related regulations, including food safety regulations.
- Participates in daily store operational activities as needed:
- Rings up guests on cash register and balances cash and inventory transactions
- Ensures the store is clean and well maintained
- Stocks shelves and coolers and takes inventory on shelf items
- Receives vendor deliveries
- Orders inventory and supplies
- Possesses the ability to lift up to 50 pounds and to repeatedly bend, stand, and reach while on the job, with no or infrequent breaks.
- 3-5 years work experience preferred
- 1+ years management experience preferred
- Vendor management experience preferred
- Previous experience working in high-volume, guest-focused, transactional environment preferred
- 1+ years experience in a retail environment preferred
Posting ID: 549131144Posted: 2020-07-14