Unload donations from containers and move goods to appropriate production areas.
- Remove salvage material and garbage from salable goods.
- Sort donations into appropriate bins for further processing.
- Provide a smooth flow of goods to the production floor.
- Use cardboard packers and identify problems.
- Maintain donor tallies.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Demonstrate safe work practices through awareness and observation in support of a safety culture; reports any potential hazards or accidents.
- Build and maintain internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- If applicable: Consistent and safe execution of duties associated with forklift operation when certified to Seattle Goodwill standards.*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The essential functions listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience: None
- Specific Skills/Knowledge/Licenses: * Forklift certification optional, must meet eligibility requirements.
Essential Physical Abilities:
Lifting and carrying 30 – 40 pounds; developed fine motor control (grasp, handle, manipulate objects with fingers;
Frequent bending, kneeling, reaching, stooping, squatting, pushing; climbing ladders; standing for long periods of time; able to travel across a variety of surfaces (stairs, ramps, uneven terrain).
Essential Mental/Sensory Abilities:
- Organizing, sorting, categorizing, counting, adding, subtracting,
- Interpreting data
- Problem Solving
- Communicating with the public
- Creating written communication
- Completing written orders
- Outdoors and Warehouse environment, temperature varies, exposure to dust.
Goodwill Industries of Tulsa provides work opportunities, job training and support services for people with disabilities or other employment barriers.
Posting ID: 44670265Posted: 2020-07-14