Since the digitization of the grocery and meal delivery industry, HelloFresh has been at the forefront of revolutionizing the way we eat by making it more convenient and exciting to whip up mouthwatering meals from home! With over 500% growth since our inception in 2011, we’re now the fastest growing company in Europe and the biggest European startup in the US - active and growing in 9 different countries across 3 continents. Come see what’s cookin’ at HelloFresh!
Due to growth, HelloFresh is looking to add a Safety Coordinator to join our team! As Safety Coordinator, you will join forces with the site EHS team to head up workplace safety initiatives for our distribution centers! You will be on the front lines of production and immerse yourself in the trenches to promote HelloFresh’s vision, inspire change, raise the bar on safety performance, and champion a culture of safety!
- Work Friday through Monday from 7:30 pm to 6:00 am (Hourly role)
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor and identify safety risks
- Assist in implementing and sustaining EHS policies
- Assist EHS site teams with accident root cause procedures and reporting
- Assisting EHS site teams as a visual presence on the production floor
- Identify safety risks present on the floor to be fixed or addressed
- Complete EHS related audits and after-action responses to the identified gaps
- Coordinator other associates on the floor with ergonomics, safety, and other related issues
- Identify employees violating safety rules and coordinator them on a safer way
- Act as an on-site first responder who can provide basic first aid to injured persons
- Ensure contractors and visitors follow HelloFresh safety policies during their time on-site
- Assist with the site emergency action plan and liaison with local first responders when needed
- Promotes good housekeeping practices and maintains 5S floor organization
- Promote safer forklift operations through training, observation and coordinating operators
- Partner: you effectively listen, build rapport and communicate at all levels; you’re confident sharing ideas and are a trusted advisor for workplace safety
- Results-driven: you recognize and resolve situations that are ambiguous or challenging, focus effort on meeting or exceeding goals, and pave the way for efficiency.
- Programmatic: able to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task.
- Inspirational: you know how to make an impact and deliver presentations that inspire and influence change
- Versatile: you roll with the punches and don’t get overwhelmed easily; you enjoy grinding away at issues and have a knack for driving results in hyper-growth, constantly changing environments
- A desire to achieve greatness and assist a world class EHS teamwork toward our zero-injury goal!
- General Knowledge of occupational safety experience with knowledge of manufacturing/industrial EHS
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience helping to improve safety culture
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to influence across all levels of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google app (Gmail, drive, sheets, etc.)
Outstanding candidates will have….
- Expertise in OSHA compliance, especially with powered industrial trucks and lockout/tagout
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification - General Industry
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran.
Posting ID: 558322658Posted: 2020-07-14